cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....

Frequent Contributor

Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....

I'm thinking of PC'ing, and doing some weeding in my garden now that I've acquired BCP, IT, & FBNO Amex, and have gotten some good CLI's on Barclays and BoA.

 

Here's a brief rundown of my accounts with CapOne:

 

Card 1 - Cash Rewards                    - 2% gas & groceries 1% across,                             15.9%,       $39 AF      Bal $230/2750

Card 2 - Reg. Plat. Card                    - Mile Rewards,                                                             19.9%,       $19 AF                    0/1250

Card 3 - formerly HSBC/Orchard     - 2nd oldest open card of mine - over 6 1/2 years, 12.9%,       $59 AF                    0/1200

Card 4 - formerly HSBC/Sallie Mae - 3rd oldest card - 5 1/2 years,                                   14.99%,      No AF                     0/1150

 

EO already refunded me the AF's on all my accounts for this year, but would not remove them. Also, gave me CLI's on all accounts in June.

 

 

 

I'm thinking if I PC Card #1, I could actually lose money, so I may just let this one be.

 

Card # 2 I have slated to close in Feb. 2014 before AF hits in March. I haven't really used the mile reward feature, so it's no big loss. Also, highest interest rate.

 

Card # 3 I'm thinking is my best option for PC, although I currently have this one slated to close in December before AF in January.  I really hate the thought of closing this one, though, being the second oldest card in my wallet, and the lowest interest rate. But, the highest AF.

 

Card # 4 is the only one currently without an AF, and this is the one I added my daughter as AU back in May. But, it's the lowest CL.

 

So my questions are:

 

1. When you PC, do you keep your current interest rate or do they change it to the current offer?

2. Do you lose the AF permanently?  

3. If I close the account I put my daughter on before she has 6 months history on it, will it look bad for her?

 

Any answers and other insight is appreciated!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....


pt310 wrote:

So my questions are:

 

1. When you PC, do you keep your current interest rate or do they change it to the current offer? If it's a PC you'll get the interest rate of the new card I believe.

2. Do you lose the AF permanently?  If it's a product change to a new card with no AF then the no AF should be permanent.

3. If I close the account I put my daughter on before she has 6 months history on it, will it look bad for her? No idea on how reporting works for AUs.

 

Any answers and other insight is appreciated!  Smiley Happy


 

Walmart Discover TU08 FICO 12/07/15: 767 PSECU EX V2 FICO 12/05/15: 735
AMEX EX08 FICO 12/19/15: 778 PenFed EQ NG2 FICO 12/01/15: 717
Message 2 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....


iDShaDoW wrote:

pt310 wrote:

So my questions are:

 

1. When you PC, do you keep your current interest rate or do they change it to the current offer? If it's a PC you'll get the interest rate of the new card I believe.

2. Do you lose the AF permanently?  If it's a product change to a new card with no AF then the no AF should be permanent.

3. If I close the account I put my daughter on before she has 6 months history on it, will it look bad for her? No idea on how reporting works for AUs.

 

Any answers and other insight is appreciated!  Smiley Happy


 


Thanks for the reply.

Any idea what the current interest rate offer is? My 12.9% one is pretty good. I'd hate to get it raised on PC...Smiley Frustrated

 

All but the Cash Rewards are SD'd anyway, but just in case!

Message 3 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....

Looks like it can vary based no the card you want.

 

A lot of people are after the Quicksilver card so it can range from 12.9% - 20.9%
.

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/compare/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALC...

 

You seem to be good with not carrying balances so as long as nothing crazy happens and you continue to carry very low balance or PIF every month you shouldn't have to worry about interest rates.

 

I currently have 9.98% APR on my Capital One Cash Rewards card and should have my product change sometime in the next week or 2.  According to the link above, the lowest APR for Quicksilver is 12.9%.

 

I can update here and PM you when I receive the card and see the APR either in the letter or reflected online.  Hopefully it stays at the 9.98% I have but if not, I'm not too worried.

 

Edit: Also, if you speak with the EO that's your best odds of getting a product change and they should be able to tell you if the APR will remain the same, or change (whether that means a better APR or an increased APR).  I'm fairly certain he read it to me as part of the disclaimer before I confirmed that I wanna go through with it but I don't recall what he said; I was just pleased that they got me the product change.

Walmart Discover TU08 FICO 12/07/15: 767 PSECU EX V2 FICO 12/05/15: 735
AMEX EX08 FICO 12/19/15: 778 PenFed EQ NG2 FICO 12/01/15: 717
Message 4 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....

Thanks again for the info.

 

It's just that I still have 3 DD's at home, and you never know what can happen!

 

It took me a while to get my CRs cleaned up (all clean, now!), and the only balances I carry are at 0%. (That $230 on the C1 will be PIF shortly). But I still can't help but be OCD on those rates. Back in January I paid over $ 170 just in interest, and realized I needed to do something about it. That's when I found these forums!  Smiley Very Happy

 

If you would, please do let me know the outcome on your rate. Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....

My latest statement just became available online.

 

The APR is still 9.98% after given a product change from Capital One Cash Rewards VISA Platinum to a regular Capital One Quicksilver VISA (not Signature).

 

Saddened that it's not a Signature card but a $3k CLI, upgrade to Quicksilver, and being grandfathered into a 9.98% APR when their site says the lowest is 12.9% is fine by me for now.

 

I suppose when my account becomes eligible for its next upgrade 6 months from now, I'll ask to be bumped from VISA to VISA Signature.  Maybe a CLI too. Smiley Tongue

Walmart Discover TU08 FICO 12/07/15: 767 PSECU EX V2 FICO 12/05/15: 735
AMEX EX08 FICO 12/19/15: 778 PenFed EQ NG2 FICO 12/01/15: 717
Message 6 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....

OP,

 

Instead of PC, you might just ask them to add or change rewards to 1.5% cashback.  Basically then all the other terms stay the same.  Now if you have AF, that could be annoying, but at least you would keep your interest rates etc.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....


Crashem wrote:

OP,

 

Instead of PC, you might just ask them to add or change rewards to 1.5% cashback.  Basically then all the other terms stay the same.  Now if you have AF, that could be annoying, but at least you would keep your interest rates etc.


That's what they did for me.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 8 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....


iDShaDoW wrote:

My latest statement just became available online.

 

The APR is still 9.98% after given a product change from Capital One Cash Rewards VISA Platinum to a regular Capital One Quicksilver VISA (not Signature).

 

Saddened that it's not a Signature card but a $3k CLI, upgrade to Quicksilver, and being grandfathered into a 9.98% APR when their site says the lowest is 12.9% is fine by me for now.

 

I suppose when my account becomes eligible for its next upgrade 6 months from now, I'll ask to be bumped from VISA to VISA Signature.  Maybe a CLI too. Smiley Tongue


Wow! That's great news on the rate.

 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know.

 

Good luck on the Siggy upgrade next time!

Message 9 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions for those of you who've PC'd to Quicksilver....


Crashem wrote:

OP,

 

Instead of PC, you might just ask them to add or change rewards to 1.5% cashback.  Basically then all the other terms stay the same.  Now if you have AF, that could be annoying, but at least you would keep your interest rates etc.


Thanks Crashem & CreditCardDiva.

 

I think I'm going to either ask them to PC #3, taking away the AF, or just add the rewards to #4. Then I'll close the other one along with # 2.

 

I'm not really concerned with utilization right now, but want to get rid of those pesky AF's and have another rewards option.

 

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts!

Message 10 of 10