Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Amex 61x CLI rule and a new Amex card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions on Amex 61x CLI rule and a new Amex card

Back in January I did the 3x CLI with my Amex Delta card and was approved.  I also appd for the BCP 1/31/2016 and was approved.

So my question is can I go for the 61 day CLI on the BCP or does the 181 day rule come to play because of the Delta card increase?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions on Amex 61x CLI rule and a new Amex card

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in January I did the 3x CLI with my Amex Delta card and was approved.  I also appd for the BCP 1/31/2016 and was approved.

So my question is can I go for the 61 day CLI on the BCP or does the 181 day rule come to play because of the Delta card increase?

All accounts are treated as one so it is only 1 CLI every 180 days across all cards.  Hope this helps

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All accounts are treated as one so it is only 1 CLI every 180 days across all cards.  Hope this helps

100% clear. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

100% clear. 

Thanks!

I think that it would probably not hurt to try anyway since your only 90 days past your original 3x CLI. The worst that it could happen is that they would tell you no and you would still be waiting until the 181 days anyway. I don't beleive that it resets the original clock (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I also just got the BCP card with a 2k starting limit and requested a 3x CLI at activation successfully for 6k. This was after an automatic 3k CLI increase on my Amex Everyday Card.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

100% clear. 

Thanks!

I think that it would probably not hurt to try anyway since your only 90 days past your original 3x CLI. The worst that it could happen is that they would tell you no and you would still be waiting until the 181 days anyway. I don't beleive that it resets the original clock (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I also just got the BCP card with a 2k starting limit and requested a 3x CLI at activation successfully for 6k. This was after an automatic 3k CLI increase on my Amex Everyday Card.

It won't reset the clock but it's a wasted effort that will be denied.  OP needs to wait the 181 days.  Your situation is completely different because of the auto CLI which doesn't count as a consumer requested CLI

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

100% clear. 

Thanks!

It won't reset the clock but it's a wasted effort that will be denied.  OP needs to wait the 181 days.  Your situation is completely different because of the auto CLI which doesn't count as a consumer requested CLI

Thanks for clarifying!

Message 6 of 9
_NERD
Established Contributor

I saw 61x CLI from the lobby and got in here as fast as I could. I was ready to hold off on the mortgage app & give up my gold spade.

Aww shucks. Carry on (=

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 7 of 9
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Does re-allocating credit lines affect the ability to get a CLI on a card (all cards)?

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Answered above but don't overlook the 3x CLI Guide.  It covers this and much, much more.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.