Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Merrill +

tag
santi16
Valued Member

Questions on Merrill +

Hello guys Smiley Happy 

I need some advice on what to do. I have been looking and reading up on the Merrill + credit card and it is becoming very enticing lol.

My scores are EX  735 TU 745 EQ 717 with around 8 % utility.  No baddies or lates with a 2 year history with 5 inquiries on my reports.

What are my chances? And would i be able to persuade them to use the pull from my application for the Fidelity Amex i got earlier this month to avoid the second inquiry from FIA?

Thanks for the advice in advance. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Questions on Merrill +

@santi16 wrote:

Hello guys Smiley Happy 

I need some advice on what to do. I have been looking and reading up on the Merrill + credit card and it is becoming very enticing lol.

My scores are EX  735 TU 745 EQ 717 with around 8 % utility.  No baddies or lates with a 2 year history with 5 inquiries on my reports.

What are my chances? And would i be able to persuade them to use the pull from my application for the Fidelity Amex i got earlier this month to avoid the second inquiry from FIA?

chances are very high. 

it will be a separate inquiry. people are sometimes able to get it done via 1 HP if both apps are done within a 24 hour period.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
budugu
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@santi16 wrote:

Hello guys Smiley Happy 

chances are very high. 

it will be a separate inquiry. people are sometimes able to get it done via 1 HP if both apps are done within a 24 hour period.

+1 ... it should be pretty easy. it will be another HP

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 3 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@santi16 wrote:

Hello guys Smiley Happy 

For what it's worth, when I applied and got my card, the inquiry showed as Bank of America. 

Message 4 of 5
santi16
Valued Member

Thanks you all for the very good information. I have decided to hold off on applying for the card as it is not something I really need at the moment.

I will hold off from applying for it for at least six months so i can age my inquiries and newer TLs.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.