cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions with Discover

tag

Questions with Discover

In June I opened a discover card with a credit line of 4k. Today I received an email saying they upped me to 4.6k. Question is since it's gonna be my 3rd month should I still try a manual increase?
NFCU FLagship $14k | BofA Plat PLUS $2k | Slate $2.5k | USAA Amex $4k | IT $4k | USAA World $7.5k | Citi TYP $4.5k |
EX FICO-762(Jun '13) EQ FICO-762(Jun'13) TU FICO-785(Jun'13)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Questions with Discover

A consumer initiated CLI will be a HP.  I just had them up me from $2k to $7500 this morning. Called and complained about my current daily spender not awarding points correctly for months. Said I want to make DiscoIT my primary and also use for random purchases like furniture, etc.  I kinda wish I had asked for $10k. 

Message 2 of 4

I thought Discover will SP if possible?
NFCU FLagship $14k | BofA Plat PLUS $2k | Slate $2.5k | USAA Amex $4k | IT $4k | USAA World $7.5k | Citi TYP $4.5k |
EX FICO-762(Jun '13) EQ FICO-762(Jun'13) TU FICO-785(Jun'13)

Message 3 of 4
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@TransferMony2IRAanitsgone wrote:
I thought Discover will SP if possible?

When I got my CLI a couple of months ago it was a soft pull. I called in and told the CSR I wanted to see if I was eligible for a CLI but I didn't want a hardpull. She obliged and after asking me how much I wanted (I told her 1000, bringing me up to 4k) she put me on hold for about 30 seconds and told me my request was approved. That was that, I thanked her and hung up. Just be stern with the phone rep about not wanting a hard pull.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.