Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick BT question

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Quick BT question

May I suggest you transfer the balance first then close the acct.
Message 11 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@squirrely2005 wrote:

It does have an anual fee. It's 39 and I don't see the point in paying that. Even if they offered to waive it I wouldn't want to keep it. My plan now is to have a Visa, MC, Discover, and amex. I just need an amex that I'll apply for at some point. I'll have 13300 with the three i have now(except for the Cap1 which would add 2k). And I have a jcrew card I'm considering keeping because it has a 4600 limit that I rarely use. So..I just realized I make about 27k a year with 17k in credit. I'm more than happy with that.

The decision is entirely up to you. No one else knows your situation better than you.

And there's really not a right or wrong answer to this. It's whatever is right for you.

Message 12 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would just add this... if your Capital One has such a high limit as you posted, you should have no problem getting the annual fee removed. I'd at least ask and see if it were possible first.

Good luck and I hope you come to a decision.
Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Kenny wrote:
I would just add this... if your Capital One has such a high limit as you posted, you should have no problem getting the annual fee removed. I'd at least ask and see if it were possible first.

Good luck and I hope you come to a decision.

I agree. All they can do is say no.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.