Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Discover question

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Quick Discover question

@squirrely2005 wrote:

That's awesome. My util is high. My nfcu card is at like 6200 of the 6500, my CU card is 900 of 1000, and my quicksilver is 1700 of 2k. I can pay the CU and quicksilver off right now but I'm an electrician and layoffsat my job site just happened Friday. And rumors or there's a round two this week so I'd right have cash just in case. 

But anyway I'm happy to here me and your husband had a somewhat similar situation. So I have something to look forward to. 

I am honestly betting he was an anomaly.  I was SHOCKED that he got the approvals that he got.  I think at LOT of it had to do with him being an AU on multiple $25000 accounts since he was a teenager.  That brought his utilization down a lot, and we did not even know about it until later.  All of his actual accounts (only 2 accounts) were high, though.  I like that Discover gave him a chance, as did Chase.  It felt really good to get out from under the interest.  I had no idea how much we were paying on interest until I started managing most of the finances.  I love my husband to pieces, but he is the type that does not want me to "do without"  And honestly, I am more than happy to do without when it financially makes sense.  And we ran up some expenses when I went back to school, but I am done now.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.