Contributor
Skye12329

Quick Question about CL

So from what i understand is that theres a CL law apparently i dont remember when it was put in, but i work for retail and we used to approve people for like 40k before the law, and now its more like you get approved for 6k, so i was wondering i live in Minnesota btw, that if it varied by state?

And is it still possible to be approved for or reach ridiculous limits after this law? i know its been in effect since like 2000 something

Ridiculous limits meaning insta-approved or CLI to above 10k (i know that may seem small)

Last App May 15, 2013
Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: Quick Question about CL

[ Edited ]

What specific law are you referring to?  Was this an ammendment to any specific Act that was passed by Congress?  There individuals who can still get approved for CLs with specific income levels and excellent credit.  Case in point, folks that have a CPC relationship and apply for the JPM Palladium, some can easily get approved for $100K or more.

Regular Contributor
Rikku

I've never heard of this law - is it specifically for retail cards?
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

News to me CC companies aren't required to approve or increase your lines of credit 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
Established Contributor
Themanwhocan

If there was such a law in Minnesota back in 2000, I think it would have required Jesse Ventura to sign it.

Hmm, the Jesse Ventura Trivially Small Initial Credit Card Act. Nope, it doesn't ring a bell...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+