Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question about Walmart Chat

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Question about Walmart Chat

I keep reading everyone keeps calling some number or talking to online chat.  Can someone give me an idea of what to say? The one time I tried chat he told me I had to hit the button. Once I hit the button it was turned down.

We are getting ready to move and I would like to get an increase so we can make some big purchases. 

Any help or info you can give that would be awesome..

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Re: Quick Question about Walmart Chat

@Anonymous wrote:

I keep reading everyone keeps calling some number or talking to online chat.  Can someone give me an idea of what to say? The one time I tried chat he told me I had to hit the button. Once I hit the button it was turned down.

We are getting ready to move and I would like to get an increase so we can make some big purchases. 

Any help or info you can give that would be awesome..

Tell them you got an error when you clicked the increase button. Since you're wanting to make a big purchase, that's what you tell them. I don't know if it's still an option since you've already been denied via the button though.   

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not tried yet this month. I was waiting to see what the best way to go was.  

Thanks so much for your help Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

start chat:

"Hello, I was hoping you could help me with a credit line increase... I seem to get an internet error when I hit the credit line increase button online"

They shoudl come back oh, so sorry that you are getting an error, how much of a credit line were you looking for? and your income?

I would ask for at least $5k depending what you are at now, maybe $10k... they will counter.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the chat to request a CLI.  I made it short and sweet.  I said "Can I have my credit limit increased to 5000 to match the credit limit of my sams club card?"  (I really didn't have a 5k limit on my sams club card!) LOL My limit on my walmart card was 1300 and I was approved instantly!  I did this for my Sams Club, Lowes, and Amazon cards the same day.  All of them resulted in 5k limits.  Good luck. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

start chat:

"Hello, I was hoping you could help me with a credit line increase... I seem to get an internet error when I hit the credit line increase button online"

They shoudl come back oh, so sorry that you are getting an error, how much of a credit line were you looking for? and your income?

I would ask for at least $5k depending what you are at now, maybe $10k... they will counter.

Ths ^^^^^^

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.