Quick Question about that Amex "Backdating"

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick Question about that Amex "Backdating"

@09Lexie wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

It would be the month you were approved as a primary and the year you were added as an AU.

I thought I read the exact opposite earlier today... someone wanting to piggyback dad's 1990 Optima as an AU...  too lazy to to go dig it up.  Maybe I'm confused...

You do not inherit the primary's MSD but if OP was added in 2011 as an AU, then they have locked in their MSD. 

Ugh had a funny experience with amex well not funny today.... Yesterday Via Chat I asked them to correct my Card to 1990 as that is when I was added as an AU, the site showed MSD 1990 yesterday, anyways logged in today and saw MSD 2014!  Anywayws got on chat and said what the heck...  The CSR from yesterday got confused and thought I wanted my MSD changed from 1990 to 2014.. Why in the heck would anyone else want that?  Anyways, got it fixed again so two cards are coming my way one with 2014 from yesterdays mistake on their part and another one stated 1990..  Ugh Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

It would be the month you were approved as a primary and the year you were added as an AU.

I thought I read the exact opposite earlier today... someone wanting to piggyback dad's 1990 Optima as an AU...  too lazy to to go dig it up.  Maybe I'm confused...

You do not inherit the primary's MSD but if OP was added in 2011 as an AU, then they have locked in their MSD. 

Ugh had a funny experience with amex well not funny today.... Yesterday Via Chat I asked them to correct my Card to 1990 as that is when I was added as an AU, the site showed MSD 1990 yesterday, anyways logged in today and saw MSD 2014!  Anywayws got on chat and said what the heck...  The CSR from yesterday got confused and thought I wanted my MSD changed from 1990 to 2014.. Why in the heck would anyone else want that?  Anyways, got it fixed again so two cards are coming my way one with 2014 from yesterdays mistake on their part and another one stated 1990..  Ugh Smiley Happy

OMG +1

Message 12 of 17
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Gotcha... that's where I was confused.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TRC_WA wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Gotcha... that's where I was confused.

Happy to help. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 17
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

This seems to confuse many because so many answers differ on every post.  I can tell you for certain this, because we just did it.  My wife was an AU on my new Amex BCE this past November.  She just app'ed for the BCP tonight because we can actually benefit more from it than the BCE.  Her MSD is 2014 (Jan 2014 to be exact).  

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

This seems to confuse many because so many answers differ on every post.  I can tell you for certain this, because we just did it.  My wife was an AU on my new Amex BCE this past November.  She just app'ed for the BCP tonight because we can actually benefit more from it than the BCE.  Her MSD is 2014 (Jan 2014 to be exact).  

Thanks for the helpful information!!

Congratulations!!!! I must add =]

Message 16 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

This seems to confuse many because so many answers differ on every post.  

Considering the source, verifying, corroborating, etc are all musts whenever relying on info from any discussion forum site.

People also sometimes misunderstand the different situations.  To use another example:  My MSD is in 1998 but when I was added as an AU on my wife's BCP it reported as opened in 2014.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.