cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick help with reactivating an account today!

tag
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

Re: Quick help with reactivating an account today!

well, I don't recall if the account was technically closed or not - when the final payment goes through I assume it will be. it was in a non-interest payment program so I could pay it off. they were still recording via the CRA every month whether or not I wsa on time etc... I am pretty sure I am in decent enough standing to get a card that would be more than the credit limit I have on this one.
Message 11 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

I wasn't able to use any credit on the card - just pay off what I owed.
Message 12 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Did this card report on you CBR's as open or closed?
Message 13 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

This is a quick cut of my 'Credit Check Total':

BK OF AMER
EXPERIAN

EQUIFAX

TRANSUNION

Account Name: BANK OF AMERICA BANK OF AMERICA BK OF AMER
Account Number: 0XXX 0XXX 0XXX
Acct Type: Credit Card - Revolving Terms Revolving or Option Revolving account
Acct Status: Closed Closed
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 6/1/1999 6/1/1999 6/28/1999
Balance:
Terms: Revolving Minimum
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $0.00
Payment Status: Current, was past due 150 days Pays account as agreed Unrated
Comments: Credit line closed-consumer request-reported by subscriber

Message 14 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

24-Month Payment History ? Legend

Date: Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
07 07 07 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 09 09 09 09 09 09 09 09
120 OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

Message 15 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

So we know you posted a 150-day late with the CRB's (which is a very serious derog) and that the account was actually closed (not suspended). Unless you have something in writing stating that there was an agreement that the account would be reopened it's not going to happen. So if you still want an account with BofA I think you are going to have to re-app.
Message 16 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

well - I have another account with them actually - and I was waiting to dispute the 150 and 120 days late because they are false, I have the documents to prove it. Wanted to wait because didn't want them to just close out the account - now it looks like that will happen regardless.

This account has been a nightmare from the start, thought I had it all worked out and now it has fallen apart...

Now if the account closes out for good - no more reporting. and I dispute the 'lates' which I can prove [ I purchased all the old statements from 2005 thru present - shows payment every month ] I am concerned they will just remove the account from the CRAs and poof there goes my account age average out the window.

optimum would have been account reactivated - lates removed - CLI - smooth sailing. now not sure what to do...

Message 17 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Just because you made a payment on the account does not mean you brought the account current. As long as you are $0.01 short of the required minimum payment you rack up another month late. Did your payment agreement with them also include that your required payments would be considered sufficient to be keep the card fully current and not late?
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.