Did you mean: 

Quick question regarding citi forward

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Quick question regarding citi forward

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Anyone has the old forward card in visa sig? My forward is just a visa and when I call them to see if I can upgrade to a visa sig they have no clue lol... And yes the minimum credit line is 5k? I'm at 21k..

I haven't asked about "upgrading" mine because I am concerned about losing the 5x benefit.   But at least one person here has done so (with a CL below $5k) and was OK.   But with Citi, and a grandfathered benefit that is so valuable, I see no need to take the chance!

Right, now since the Cash+ has nerfed the 5% restaurants, the Forward is now the best in class dining card, especially for TY points associated with a Premier/Prestige account.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it's honestly 8% if you're also holding the Prestige.

I tried online chat to upgrade, was told to call. Called and I was told I couldn't. Tried to double check and they indicated the only card they offer in Visa Sig is the Hilton card. I already have a Visa Sig so I guess I just want my forward to be as pretty as possible.

Message 12 of 14
lokobo
Regular Contributor

I have a regular visa, which I had since 2010 and is now at a 18.1k CL.  I personally wouldn't dare try to upgrade mine because I would freak out about losing the 5x points.

Dining is by far my biggest expense and I freak out about that quite a bit. Feaked out when i had fraud and needed to get a new credit card number, freaked out when i was upgraded to the chip card and then i wanted to go back to the non chipped card because of the design, and freaked out again last weekend when my card was declined and i thought they closed my account (i just needed to call and confirm it wasnt fraud)

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Anyone has the old forward card in visa sig? My forward is just a visa and when I call them to see if I can upgrade to a visa sig they have no clue lol... And yes the minimum credit line is 5k? I'm at 21k..

Well hello there beautiful....

@lokobo wrote:

I have a regular visa, which I had since 2010 and is now at a 18.1k CL.  I personally wouldn't dare try to upgrade mine because I would freak out about losing the 5x points.

Dining is by far my biggest expense and I freak out about that quite a bit. Feaked out when i had fraud and needed to get a new credit card number, freaked out when i was upgraded to the chip card and then i wanted to go back to the non chipped card because of the design, and freaked out again last weekend when my card was declined and i thought they closed my account (i just needed to call and confirm it wasnt fraud)

Legacy Citi Forward?!   Ay caramba

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.