cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick "?"....statement cut vs. reporting?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Quick "?"....statement cut vs. reporting?

Hey all... 

Just a quick question. I have several cards, some I use monthly, others I don't. The ones I DO use, I pif all but ONE card, and let that report 1%. My question is this...If all my cards EXCEPT ONE, are paid to $0 bal before the statement cuts, it shouldn't matter when they actually report to the CRA right??? I make sure all are at $0 but one card well before statements cuts. as long as one card reports a balance of less than 9% I don't really need to know when exactly they report right???? ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick "?"....statement cut vs. reporting?

As a general rule, so long as the statement closes with a $0 balance, that's what will report. It doesn't matter when it reports, but it's usually a couple ot a few days after the statement closes.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you tinuviel!!! That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure! I don't use my cards at least a week before statement cuts to make all charges and payments have posted before the statement cutsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Great question and thread... I need to get that info for each card yet.  I don't know for sure when statement cuts on most of them.  Time to get further organized.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Generally, paying before the statement cuts will carry over to the CRAs. There are some lenders that report monthly,  IIRC, US Bank and DCU report the balance monthly. 

Message 5 of 7
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Just a heads up also.  I used my Chase Freedom as my reporting card in Dec. as it has the latest reporting date of any of my cards in a month.  I let $40 report on the statement and paid it off the very next day.  When Chase repoorted 2-3 days later, they reported the zero balance.  My credit score actually dropped 7 points will all cards reporting 0.  Just food for consideration.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 6 of 7
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Generally, paying before the statement cuts will carry over to the CRAs. There are some lenders that report monthly,  IIRC, US Bank and DCU report the balance monthly. 

Once you know the date pay 3 - 5 days before they report and don't use the card untill it reports if you want a 0 bal

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.