Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick ? regarding drivers lic. #

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick ? regarding drivers lic. #

I notice on the store card apps. they request a drivers liscence number/experation date. 
Mine's expired & until I am having a good hair day I'm not going in for a renewal. Smiley Tongue
That said, I'm curious why our SS # is not sufficient?
How would someone get a card if they didn't drive?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Quick ? regarding drivers lic. #

butters wrote:
I notice on the store card apps. they request a drivers liscence number/experation date. 
Mine's expired & until I am having a good hair day I'm not going in for a renewal. Smiley Tongue
That said, I'm curious why our SS # is not sufficient?
How would someone get a card if they didn't drive?

Most if not all apps accept a state ID as well as a DL.
Message 2 of 4
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Most people, whether or not they can or do drive, have some sort of youth, motorcycle or driver's license. They all look pretty much and have the same format for the actual number on the license, so pretty much any of them can be used. If you have no license and walk everywhere you need to go and are an adult (More power to you), it can be remedied over the phone via an override on their end I believe, that is if you have another form of ID.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied a Flag Star money market savings because they are of MI and they only appect out of state DLs and MI IDs, and I only OK ID
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.