Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver 1 CLI!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver 1 CLI!!

Question all.. im due for my 6 month CLI on my Quicksilver 1 come October 27.. but my card will be a year old as well come November.. I noticed when my platinum card came up on a year.. i received a credit limit increase a month before the year mark. Should I hit the luv button on the 27th and hope I still get the yearly increase as well in November or should I just wait until November and see what I get?? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Quicksilver 1 CLI!!

That 6 month new rule applies to any change to an account. I got that message when I tried on my QS1 right before I combined it to my Venture. Hoping I'd get a CLI. I even tried on the Venture after the combine. No go. Product change they said. But as they say here. YMMV.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im kind of sitting in the same boat as you. Ive been with CapOne for 1 year in November, but this month will be my 6mo since my last CLI. 

November will be 1 year with 1 one CLI from $300 -> $500

I've PIF, 2 to 3 times every month, used this card heavily. And I get NO LUV! 

I just PC my platinum to QS w/ only $500 limit a few weeks back, if that leaves me uneligible for a CLI at my 1 year mark, I will SD this card and never using it again.

I have no AF and have no problem letting them collect nothing on a card that will never be used again. Their loss..

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Think positive. You may get a nice CLI. They say here you take care of them and they'll take care of you. Most of us had to start from scratch. Just like me.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't necessarily an auto-CLI from Cap One ever, except for Credit Steps. You can request one every 6 months but any automatic CLI isn't guaranteed at any specific time frame. If you want to hit the luv button at the 6 month mark, feel free, but don't wait around for an automatic CLI to come because it might not.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are uninitiated CLIs at the one year mark something Capital One commonly does, or are they just an occasional thing they do for  whatever reason?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not get auto luv from them at one year. Only one I got was for credit steps.  And I hit the button in August and got another bump.  But nothing automatic at one year.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think since it was my secured platinum and I wasn't able to request a cli they gave me an auto taking my secured to a $1250 credit line
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got two CLIs on your secured card?

That would be a very, very interesting data point.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the 1st one 6 months in taking it from 300 to 500 and then a month before my card was a year another 750.. now sits at 1250
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.