Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver MC upgrade to WMC

tag
TruBlu
Contributor

Quicksilver MC upgrade to WMC

Just received my Quicksilver World MasterCard in the mail. Was able to upgrade from the regular version to World courtesy of the EO. Still has the paper thin feel but looks a little snazzier than the clown logo MC. Had a monochromatic look to it, kinda like a half way point between the regular MC and the WEMC. Would upload a picture but I'm on an iPhone and don't know how to post one from the mobile site. Just wanted to provide a reference point for those interested in obtaining a WMC from Cap1.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Quicksilver MC upgrade to WMC

@TruBlu wrote:
Just received my Quicksilver World MasterCard in the mail. Was able to upgrade from the regular version to World courtesy of the EO. Still has the paper thin feel but looks a little snazzier than the clown logo MC. Had a monochromatic look to it, kinda like a half way point between the regular MC and the WEMC. Would upload a picture but I'm on an iPhone and don't know how to post one from the mobile site. Just wanted to provide a reference point for those interested in obtaining a WMC from Cap1.

Quick question:

Since it's a MC, I'm guessing you got it through a PC. Were you able to get a permanent APR reduction as well? Mine was a regular Plat and has Godzilla-high APR. Also, is it NPSL now?

Message 2 of 27
taxi818
Super Contributor

@TruBlu wrote:

Congrats. yes look at siggy. same world mc version. not much difference other than it says world. congrats again op. mastercard does not have the strict requirements as Visa Siggy. but if it gets you any extra benefits. that is all that matters.

Message 3 of 27
TruBlu
Contributor

@Ghoshida, it was a legacy Cap1 Platinum MC originally obtained back in 2005. I did PC late last year however the network cannot be changed, hence it became a Quicksilver MC.

Did not ever inquire about moving the APR down as I try not to carry a large balance. I'm sure that topic will come up when I get antsy in the garden! Didn't think MC came in a NPSL?? Guess EO will be hearing from me in about 6 months! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your upgrade and obtaining a WMC!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Message 5 of 27
sonic2120
Established Member

Nice. I'm hoping mine will get upgraded sometime as well. Talked to the EO two weeks ago and they said they said all they could do with my QS1 MC(upgraded from platinum last summer which was upgraded from a Orchard bank secured card) was to permanently remove the annual fee and raise the CL from 750 to 5000. Hopefully I'll get issued a WMC or a WEMC eventually.

Scores as of 06/15/2015 EX-761 | EQ-785 | TU-782
Cards: Chase Freedom - $12500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver - $5000 | Amex EveryDay - $21800 | Discover it - $21300
Message 6 of 27
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

As far as I know, there isn't a WEMC version if Quicksilver and that was stated to me on 4/19/2015 by the EO as well, also a APR will most likely not happen, when you go from a regular QuicksilverOne it has a set APR, They won't go lower than the 22.9% Smiley Sad congrats on the upgrade and keep up the work! I got a CLI and PC to the WMC version at the same time when I did it!
Message 7 of 27
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

@TruBlu wrote:

@Congrats! Can't wait to get CLI on my QS MC , so I can hit up the EO and gain WMC status! It's my lowest CL @ 3k. I also like the monochrome MC logo vs clownish MC logo. Lol.

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy  I want to do the same on my QS & also on my platinum.  Just want them all to look good when they pop up.  Thanks for the info.

Message 9 of 27
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

I want to do this so badly. Did you email EO? Thanks!

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.