Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver MasterCard vs Visa Signature

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Quicksilver MasterCard vs Visa Signature

What's the difference between the Capital One Quicksilver Master Card and the Quicksilver Visa Signature? And in general, what does "Visa Signature" mean in comparison to just plain Visa?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver MasterCard vs Visa Signature

Better benefits, but no NPSL. Check the benefits guides on their website.
Message 2 of 10
Repairman
Established Contributor

I'm sorry, what does NPSL mean?

Message 3 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Repairman wrote:

I'm sorry, what does NPSL mean?

No pre-set spending limit.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

quicksilver Mastercard is usually only the quicksilver one which is for those with average credit and carries an annual fee. some members have a quicksilver Mastercard because their account was product changed from something else to a quicksilver.

the Quicksilver visa card is a bit harder to qualify for, as it carries no annual fee. the visa signature version of this card is only available if you either start with, or reach a limit of $5,000 or more.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cousin had his capital one journey journey visa for 4 years. They just recently converted it to the the quicksilver visa non-signiture with a 4 K limit.

In February I applied for Capital one master card platinum with $19 dollars annual fee with a 1K limit
just got mine converted to quicksilver master card with the same annual fee and same 24.9 Apr.

The difference between my cousin and I is he has a higher limit lower Apr
the common is both him and I have the same 1.5% cashback rewards and our cards look slightly the same the card came in shiney with a flat cards even the numbers were flat. However I have ok credit fico 668. I will cancel my card in 6 months to get the visa version.
Message 6 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
quicksilver Mastercard is usually only the quicksilver one which is for those with average credit and carries an annual fee. some members have a quicksilver Mastercard because their account was product changed from something else to a quicksilver.

the Quicksilver visa card is a bit harder to qualify for, as it carries no annual fee. the visa signature version of this card is only available if you either start with, or reach a limit of $5,000 or more.

Also, I want to note that you aren't automatically upgraded once you reach $5k or more. You have to call (really the EO) and have the account upgraded. The limit in itself does not automatically upgrade the card.

Message 7 of 10
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I have both the WMC and VS Sig Quicksilvers....  I got the VS Sig just by simply App'ing ... The WMC came from PC'ing my 6K CL Plat MC that was SD'd until I got the PC and found a reason to use it. I take it just having a CL over 5K is what qualified me for a WMC instead of the QS One, even though my Plat MC never had an AF tied to it.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When CAP1 took over HSBC, my MC got changed to a PLAT MC with Cap 1 first.....then PC'd to a QS1 w/AF.  In January, i  PC'd it to an non-AF QS.

The MC version gives CAP1 a marketing avenue to upgrade/PC some of their Mastercards they carry, as well as inherited from HSBC. 

Message 9 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

not true. my brother just got his Visa version. and only has 3k limit. so you will not get that on either. but you are right. i upgraded 2 times. from qs1 to quicksilver mastercard. then from quicksilver mastercard to mastercard world version once my limit hit 5k. so there you go. but 5k is not required.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.