Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver One CLI? Help..

tag
leirbad4
Valued Member

Quicksilver One CLI? Help..

Hello, 

I recently got approve for my quicksilver one cc last april but it was for only $500. I've only had the card for 3 months and i want to know if my odds are good or should i wait. I also received an email from cap1 in april that if i make my pmts on time for the first 5mths i will get a $250 cli in october. But i want a bigger cli 750 its nothing. Anyways let me know if anybody has had success with it .. thank for the advices

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Quicksilver One CLI? Help..

@leirbad4 wrote:

Hello, 

I recently got approve for my quicksilver one cc last april but it was for only $500. I've only had the card for 3 months and i want to know if my odds are good or should i wait. I also received an email from cap1 in april that if i make my pmts on time for the first 5mths i will get a $250 cli in october. But i want a bigger cli 750 its nothing. Anyways let me know if anybody has had success with it .. thank for the advices

The credit steps program is more generous than what they write.

I had the same limit, but on a platinum card. In the 6th statement they raised the limit from 500 to 2000. 

Pay on time and in full. Show them some history and they will reward well. Their CSR will not do much to get you a CLI. 

After 6 months, if you don't seem to get decent CLIs, write to them through Facebook. It got me from 2k to 4k.

Message 2 of 9
Tony275
Valued Contributor

I'd wait until the statement cut you were told about.

I know of some users that didn't get the CLI after the 5th statement when they requested a CLI beforehand.

You can try using the EO for an increase! I did that and I'm also part of the Credit Steps program and still got an auto increase at my 6th month! They also reversed my annual fee and gave me 1.5% on my Platinum card (not a QS card so this is nice)

EO took my limit from $1,000 to $2,000 (with a SP) after only 2 months with the card.

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 3 of 9
leirbad4
Valued Member

Thanks you guys.. ill just wait till my statement cuts in oct and wait on the $250 promised and then ill write to EO on facebook hopefully they give me above $1500.

i never miss pmts always use below 15% utl and pay on time.

Thanks for the advices.

Message 4 of 9
tjones9234
Contributor

Just send them a regular message on their FB page? Never would have thought of this! I will try today

Message 5 of 9
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@tjones9234 wrote:

Just send them a regular message on their FB page? Never would have thought of this! I will try today

But also don't get your hopes too high. From $ 250 to $1500 would be a very big step. Keep in mind that Cap One is a very conservative lender. When your Cap One card has aged a bit you can try other lenders, like Barclays, and you'll probably be more likely to get a high CL. This is not a process one can really rush beyond a certain point...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 6 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@tjones9234 wrote:

Yes, if you send them a message through their official FB page, their social network team responds and puts the query to the EO; the EO typically calls within 2-3 days and the issue is resolved within another 3-5 days. 

I asked for an increase from 2k to 5k and got 4k; it serves my current purpose. I'll look for another CLI in 6 months or even maybe a year. 

Should mention: That month I had got CLI from Discover (2k to 5.7k) and Citi (2k to 3.2k) but Cap One still didn't give me one. I mentioned those limits to the EO, that might have helped.

Message 7 of 9
waters
Regular Contributor

I have had my capital one mc card for 2 weeks. 500 limit. 400 in payments already.

Emailed EO asked for an upgrade to quicksilver and a cli.

They gave me 1.5% quicksilver Rewards on my current card on the spot then asked why I wanted a cli. I explained that 500 is hard to manage and pointed to the fact that I already basically maxed it out and pif before my first statement.

They asked how much I wanted. I said 1000.

Next day they wanted verification of Income. A day after I got my 1000 limit.

Still haven't received my first statement yet...
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 8 of 9
d170
Regular Contributor

I went from 300 to 1500on two cards (being two old HSBC now converted quicksilver one the other capital one platinum). So it might be possible. My regular 750$ went to a 2500 limit.

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.