Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver One showing up as MASTERCARD PLATINUM

tag
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Quicksilver One showing up as MASTERCARD PLATINUM

Good morning all, 

A couple of days ago I applied for and was instantly approved for a $500 limit Quicksilver One card. I got an email yesterday saying the card had been mailed the previous day. When I went to check the section for linking accounts, it is showing up as MASTERCARD PLATINUM and displaying the last 4 digits of the new account. Has this happened to anyone else? I have not received the card yet, but I am impatient and curious Smiley Tongue

This is my first non secured card since rebuilding so I am a bit excited.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Quicksilver One showing up as MASTERCARD PLATINUM

From looking at the CO site it is a platinum MasterCard.

Message 2 of 7
LLMT
Regular Contributor

Yes, that is just the "type" of Mastercard it is.You can change the labels on there to anything you want, I have heard.

Message 3 of 7
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Oh ok great. Thanks for the info guys!

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 4 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

@ryox03 wrote:

Good morning all, 

A couple of days ago I applied for and was instantly approved for a $500 limit Quicksilver One card. I got an email yesterday saying the card had been mailed the previous day. When I went to check the section for linking accounts, it is showing up as MASTERCARD PLATINUM and displaying the last 4 digits of the new account. Has this happened to anyone else? I have not received the card yet, but I am impatient and curious Smiley Tongue

You can rename your account to say 'QuickSilver MC' or anything else

Steps:

1.  When you log onto your cap one account, to the right under 'My shortcuts', there is a link that says 'Set Account Display Preference'. Click on it

2. It will bring you to the next screen and you will see you account with the name displayed

3. Under 'Account Nickname', change the name to whatever you want it to be, and click on 'Update'

Then when you go back to your initial log in screen, you will see the new name Smiley Happy

Hope that helps

Message 5 of 7
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@ryox03 wrote:

Good morning all, 

Steps:

1.  When you log onto your cap one account, to the right under 'My shortcuts', there is a link that says 'Set Account Display Preference'. Click on it

2. It will bring you to the next screen and you will see you account with the name displayed

3. Under 'Account Nickname', change the name to whatever you want it to be, and click on 'Update'

Then when you go back to your initial log in screen, you will see the new name Smiley Happy

Hope that helps

Thanks CS!

I've now got 4 accounts with CapOne, (two just recently converted), and had to keep referring back to my cards to be able to tell them apart. I just followed your excellent instructions here, and now can identify the accounts instantly! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

@pt310 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@ryox03 wrote:

Good morning all, 

Steps:

Hope that helps

Thanks CS!

I've now got 4 accounts with CapOne, (two just recently converted), and had to keep referring back to my cards to be able to tell them apart. I just followed your excellent instructions here, and now can identify the accounts instantly! Smiley Happy

You are welcome Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.