cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Only Coming in World Elite Mastercard Form Now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver Only Coming in World Elite Mastercard Form Now?

I also noticed that on Capital One's website. I didn't know that they were all issued as WEMC. I thought you needed a certain credit limit to get it. Thanks for the info.

Message 11 of 39
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

So they're all being used now as WEMC regardless of limit? The don't offer MC platinum or WMC?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 12 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

So they're all being used now as WEMC regardless of limit? The don't offer MC platinum or WMC?

My Quicksilver (from before the WEMC changeover) is a World Mastercard, because when I PC'd it from a QuicksilverOne the credit limit was over $5,000.

It reports as a flexible spending card, but I'm 99% sure Capital One won't let me go over the limit. I could probably get them to convert it to a WEMC via chat. 

Message 13 of 39
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

This is very interesting info! I'm going to convert Venture WMC to QS in 10 days. I wounder if they would upgrade mine to WEMC QS!

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlx01 wrote:
I wish I could convert my useless QS VS into a Venture WEMC...

You must spend more than 12k a year on a Venture to have the AF make sense unless you are factoring in perks from WEMC into the equation.

Capital one stands by us, but they are slowly losing my favor. Gone are the days of combined apps.  Account combinations are probably next to be nerfed.  Where is the game changing product we were promised?  It most certainly can't be a QS Wemc?

They need a revamp of their products.  Bring the spark 2% over to consumer side.  Make a qs wemc/VS/VI with 13.49%V interest, with only 1 inquiry for folks with excellent credit (ok maybe a 2nd pull since we let citi and chase get away with it lol).

I have lost interest in this card. Maybe my upcomming international trip will change that but I doubt it. I'd rather earn SPG or Amtrak points.

The fact is the needs of a consumer change. Capital one could evolve.  They encourange folks to apply for duplicate products (i am talking quicksilver/platinums x3 or x4 with low limits and high interest) at 3 inqs a hit.  One person here even said their friend worked at capital one and those customers were usually the most favorable/profitable.

Discover is able to offer nearly 10% apr, or even 0 for 12 months post promo on purchase or 3.99%.....recurrent 12-18 month bt promos.  PERMANENT apr reductions.  HP increases that arent on some clock set in stone.  Same for citi and boa.

I only keep quicksilver because of the uber promo potential really. And its one of my older accounts.

I guess its possible some of us look at VS/WEMC/VI/WMC levels like I do APR reductions. To me these reductions are a reflection of being viewed as having improving credit.

I also thoroughly grasp that sometimes we need to use a different product for different features.  Chase, Barclays, and BoA have a panel.  Capital one should be the next in line for that, I would be the first to sign up.

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

They got the venture and nice limits on QS for people who want to use their cards regularly, but most people know (at least imo) that the venture AF makes the card pointless and the QS is just a straight 1.5% cash back card that people fall back on when they need a simple swipe. 

Capital One gets in your wallet because they let you in the door when other people don't... and Capital One stays in your wallet (in the case of most people) because it then becomes your oldest account and it's known that you can usually PC to a no AF QS (or V1) so it makes no since in closing. I don't expect much change out of them. My QSs will be in my wallet as long as it exists as a product even though I hardly ever use them but for a Xbox Live purchase here and there. 

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

It reports as a flexible spending card, but I'm 99% sure Capital One won't let me go over the limit. I could probably get them to convert it to a WEMC via chat. 

Good luck, I chatted, spoke on phone calls with CSR's and went a few days back and forth with the EO and all i was able to do was get them from Platinum MC to WMC (NOT WEMC) they said there was absolutely no way. They were super sorry and didn't really undertand why but said the decision was ultimately on MC not CO. My credit limit is over $5K, but my spending pretty low on the card and all my scores are over 730. Don't know why they could'nt do it with them offering WEMC pretty much as standard now.

Message 17 of 39
joesbrat67
Contributor

I just called Cap One, as I am a current QS MC card holder.  I was hoping that they would tell me that I could PC to the new version.  No dice!

Because they consider the WEMCs to be a whole new product, they can't PC from the current QS to the new QS WEMC.  In addition, she mentioned that the QS WEMC has approx. 7 additonal benefits over and above the current version.

Long story short - I would have to apply for the new version if I really want it.  The caveat is that I can xfer the CL from the current card to the new one, once I have it in hand. And where the APR is higher on my current version (around 24%), I would expect to get the lower APR with my current scores.  I would be taking care of a LOT of birds with just one stone (metaphorically speaking).

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently upgraded my venture one WEMC to Quicksilver WEMC. I didn't like the card looks, everything is printed on the back of the card. It just doesn't make sense.
Message 19 of 39
joesbrat67
Contributor

That's not a Cap1 thing. Citibank does the same thing. My TY Premier has everything printed on the back.
Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.