cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Only Coming in World Elite Mastercard Form Now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver Only Coming in World Elite Mastercard Form Now?

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

So I applied for the CO Quicksilver card on 01/02/2016 and got instant approval for a $1k credit line. Looking at the page again after applying it states on their  page for the card "Quicksilver also comes with World Elite Mastercard Benefits". I swear before this said "visa signature benefits". I called the customer service line for new applications and asked if my new card would be a Visa or MCand the CSR told me that all quicksilver cards as well as all other CO cards now only come in MC.

Fast forward to tonight when checking the mail, I received my card and opened it up and sure enough, I now have a Quicksilver World Elite Mastercard with a nice fresh and shiny, silver MC logo in the bottom right corner. Has anyone else heard or have had similar experience with this recent CO change? I googled it and could come up with no results.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quicksilver Only Coming in World Elite Mastercard Form Now?

Well this is weird.

I had read on the forums a bit ago that Quicksilvers were now MC; however, I just PC'd (came in the mail Friday or Saturday) my Venture to Quicksilver and it's still a Visa Siggy.

Beats me Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Well this is weird.

I had read on the forums a bit ago that Quicksilvers were now MC; however, I just PC'd (came in the mail Friday or Saturday) my Venture to Quicksilver and it's still a Visa Siggy.

Beats me Smiley Happy.

Probably because Capital One will never PC between card brands. If I was to PC a QS MC into a Venture, it would stay a MC.

Message 3 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Capital One is switching to MasterCard for most of their consumer product offerings. 

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/quicksilver/

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/venture

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/ventureone

All of of them mention World Elite MasterCard benefits. All were formerly available as VISA Signature cards. 

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

So I applied for the CO Quicksilver card on 01/02/2016 and got instant approval for a $1k credit line. Looking at the page again after applying it states on their  page for the card "Quicksilver also comes with World Elite Mastercard Benefits". I swear before this said "visa signature benefits". I called the customer service line for new applications and asked if my new card would be a Visa or MCand the CSR told me that all quicksilver cards as well as all other CO cards now only come in MC.

Fast forward to tonight when checking the mail, I received my card and opened it up and sure enough, I now have a Quicksilver World Elite Mastercard with a nice fresh and shiny, silver MC logo in the bottom right corner. Has anyone else heard or have had similar experience with this recent CO change? I googled it and could come up with no results.

Thanks!

Congrats it's a nice card. I also read a while back (not that long ago) that they were changing to Mastercard. If you don't mind answering what were your scores?

Message 5 of 39
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Well this is weird.

Beats me Smiley Happy.

Probably because Capital One will never PC between card brands. If I was to PC a QS MC into a Venture, it would stay a MC.

Well poop.  Confirmed it with a CSR heh, oh well.  Thanks for the info!

        
Message 6 of 39
rlx01
Established Contributor

I wish I could convert my useless QS VS into a Venture WEMC...
Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIco scores were  690 Transunion, 666 Experian, and 630 Equifax

Message 8 of 39
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Most folks would never use the World Elite Benefits. I have a GM Buy power card that is WEMC and it's just a shiny card. No real use and not sure CO is headed towards one network.
Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

The VS disappeared a couple of months ago. I know because I actually wanted a Cap1 Visa, mainly to use at Costco (I burned Citi). Having said that, I am happy so far with the WEMC.☺
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.