Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Pre-Approval

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Quicksilver Pre-Approval

CapOne is hitting me at least once a week via snail mail with "Pre-Approval" offers for their Quicksilver card. By email as well. No AF. 1.5% cash back. Seems like a decent card to expand my portfolio. I already have their Venture card ($6,000 CL) PC'd from Platinum 2 months ago. My scores are below. I have perfect payment history with them (2.2 years) and the last 6 years overall on my file. I also have a $20,000 CL with my goRewards at NFCU (if it makes a difference). Current utilization is 8% on 1 of 6 cards.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the CL I could expect from this card? I realize it depends on my individual file and circumstances. Just wondering if there were any trends or expectations. I do not want anymore cards (regardless of perks) unless they are at least a $5,000 line. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver Pre-Approval

quicksilver is a visa signature card, so if they're sending you pre-approval letters on it, I think that means they'll give you at least 5000 cl on it.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved last month for a line of $10,000 which is double my then current highest line with Citi of $5,000 at the time. I never checked the pre-approval site as I had opted out several years. back. I would say you have a good shot!

Message 3 of 11
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Use the pre-qual tool on CO's site. If you get "Congratulations!", app away--it's a sure fire approval.

Message 4 of 11
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
Use the pre-qual tool on CO's site. If you get "Congratulations!", app away--it's a sure fire approval.

Thanks everyone. Not sure what CO is, but that's an interesting idea. However, wouldn't a CapOne QuickSilver pre-qual letter with a Reservation # and Access Code be more assured than any other options?

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I dont think it makes a difference if you use a reservation number. I usually just fill my info for pre-qual and hit the apply button below when the offer is found. Because then it will pull up that pre-qual. I think pre-quals basically just fill in the basic information. At least it did for me.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

quicksilver is a visa signature card, so if they're sending you pre-approval letters on it, I think that means they'll give you at least 5000 cl on it.

They will approve sub 5000 limits on the quicksilver card. You just get a plat card instead of a siggy. 

And as far as the reservation numbers on pre-quals, I think it is only really important if you get mailed a targeted offer with a special bonus. Doesn't hurt to put the number in though. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will approve sub 5000 limits on the quicksilver card. You just get a plat card instead of a siggy. 

And as far as the reservation numbers on pre-quals, I think it is only really important if you get mailed a targeted offer with a special bonus. Doesn't hurt to put the number in though. 

really? I thought that if you get approve for quicksilver, they will give you minimum 5k with visa siggy, and if you're not approved for that limit, they will conver it to quicksilver one with lower limit.

dang. I should've applied for quicksilver then, now I'm stuck with a mastercard that i can't convert it to world mastercard Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

really? I thought that if you get approve for quicksilver, they will give you minimum 5k with visa siggy, and if you're not approved for that limit, they will conver it to quicksilver one with lower limit.

dang. I should've applied for quicksilver then, now I'm stuck with a mastercard that i can't convert it to world mastercard Smiley Frustrated

From the cap1 quicksilver page (same applies to venture afaik) 

"

How Do You Determine Whether I Will Receive The Visa Signature Or Visa Platinum Card?
Your credit history and application will be reviewed to determine your credit line. If you are approved for a credit line less than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Platinum card. Some terms and benefits are not available with the Visa Platinum card. See our Complete Guide to Credit Card Benefits for Visa Platinum card benefit information."
Message 9 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

I realize it depends on my individual file and circumstances. Just wondering if there were any trends or expectations.

If you understand the former then you should understand that latter isn't relevant.  It depends on your credit.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.