cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Visa Signature Denial - Any Chances for Reconsideration?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Quicksilver Visa Signature Denial - Any Chances for Reconsideration?

@knhorn wrote:

Thanks for the information on Chase. I don't believe I agree in this particular scenario. I used to have my checking account with Chase from 2011 to 2012, and have already had a Freedom /w 5k limit from 6/2012 until 10/2012. Chase closed my checking account first,  and then Freedom on 10/2012. They banned me from doing business with them, and now over a year later I was hoping I had fell off the blacklist. Boy was I wrong, haha. I went to great lengths to find out what I had did that they couldn't disclose to me, and got to a manager just below executive. Still no answer, they reserve the right to do whatever they want at any time without any rhyme or reason. The only thing I can think of was that I was ordering boxes of coins frequently with a personal account, which costs them money.

if they closed your checking account as well and you were never deliquent, it is most likely due to fraud or money laundering reasons. Whatever you were doing did not sit well with Chase, and most likely will land you in same scenario if you tried to do the same thing with other banks as well.

Most of the time banks do not provide any sort of reason when accounts are closed due to these reasons, and customers are usually blacklisted as well. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jefftca925 wrote:

@knhorn wrote:

Thanks for the information on Chase. I don't believe I agree in this particular scenario. I used to have my checking account with Chase from 2011 to 2012, and have already had a Freedom /w 5k limit from 6/2012 until 10/2012. Chase closed my checking account first,  and then Freedom on 10/2012. They banned me from doing business with them, and now over a year later I was hoping I had fell off the blacklist. Boy was I wrong, haha. I went to great lengths to find out what I had did that they couldn't disclose to me, and got to a manager just below executive. Still no answer, they reserve the right to do whatever they want at any time without any rhyme or reason. The only thing I can think of was that I was ordering boxes of coins frequently with a personal account, which costs them money.

Using their accounts for that kind of activity is HIGHLY frowned upon by Chase (and a few other banks) and they will shut you down FOREVER if you do it.  Lesson learned!  I would recommend before engaging in stuff like that you do your research first and make sure that a bank won't put an AA on you.

+1

I don't blame Chase's for the account closure.  They are/were within their rights to do so from an AA perspective.  Other lenders also have these conditions spelled out in their T&C.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread but was skimming through to get some knowledge on your situation. Just curious as to what kind of coins you were ordering from Chase for them to close your account? I'm with them now and would be interested in hearing more details on this. Could anyone else ansdwer? Why do people order boxes of coins from banks? Hoping to strike silver/gold? Heh Thanks.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind.. I see what you were doing. I'd ban you also for doing what you did and you deserve it. Seems like you are just trying to scrape every penny (no pun intended) possible. I'm building my credit and know better than to do what you did. I know this is old but just wanted to put my 2 cents.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was going on with the boxes of coins?

Message 15 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

MY GUESS (though I'm not savvy on this at all):  OP was needing money, so ordered coins for cash purposes with CC, pay CC off more slowly (hence the app spree for upcoming expenses).  Kinda like one's own little ponzi scheme, except against your banks, lenders.  However, someone may correct me if wrong.

Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

MY GUESS (though I'm not savvy on this at all):  OP was needing money, so ordered coins for cash purposes with CC, pay CC off more slowly (hence the app spree for upcoming expenses).  Kinda like one's own little ponzi scheme, except against your banks, lenders.  However, someone may correct me if wrong.

That is what I am thinking as well. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.