tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Quicksilver or quicksilver one?

Message 41 of 62
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

you can always try to PC but i havent heard of anyone being able to switch from Quicksilver to Quicksilver one. If you call they might remove your annual fee though. And I dont think there is a max limit for the QuicksilverOne because the account has potential to be reviewed for a CLI. but the terms of the Quicksilver one make it seem like the initial limit will always be between $300-$3,000. Good luck, it never hurts to ask for a PC.

Message 42 of 62
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Does Cap 1 change your product online for you or do you? And personally I had a Platinum MC and Pc'd to a QuickSilver card but they were sending me pre approved letters in the mail for a QS card with the Visa logo on it. None of the letters had QS One across the top. Which one did I get?
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 43 of 62
Phaseshift
Contributor

@LShawn08 wrote:
Does Cap 1 change your product online for you or do you? And personally I had a Platinum MC and Pc'd to a QuickSilver card but they were sending me pre approved letters in the mail for a QS card with the Visa logo on it. None of the letters had QS One across the top. Which one did I get?

If you get the MC QS then you have the QSone, the VISA is the regular QS with no AF

Message 44 of 62
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Phaseshift wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

If you get the MC QS then you have the QSone, the VISA is the regular QS with no AF

That is not correct.  I just received my QS Cards and they are MC. It is QS with no AF and the 1.5% cash rewards.  It states it in my original letter offer to apply, the intro letter and a CSR confirmed it with me. But it is not a Visa card. I PC's from the Cap1 Platinum no AF to the QS with no AF.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 45 of 62
bk510
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

No annual fee so it's definitely not the Quicksilver One. Congrats!

Not exactly true. I have the QuicksilverOne with $0 AF from a PC.

me too

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 46 of 62
bk510
Valued Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Okay didn't know that but it's still not the Quicksilver one because it doesn't say one on the letter or card image so congrats to OP.

But its still QS1.....thats how mine was.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 47 of 62
bk510
Valued Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

I would bet it is neither in some aspects.  Since the Quicksilver is a Signature card they are certainly not giving that level away to former HSBC customers unless their limit is fairly high, and probably not even then if they can get away with it. 

You have to first consider the source!  It is probably just a Quicksilver with no fee, but not the Signature card.  The only real differences between the normal and the QS One card is the annual fee and Signature benefits.  (Oh and if you have the QS One card you don't get a fee for balance transfers!  You don't get that with the QS card!)

So they probably just gave you the rewards of the QS platform and no AF, so basically the QS One card without a fee. 

You could always ask them, but you know you might have to ask a few different CSRs there to get the right answer!

+1

Message 48 of 62
bk510
Valued Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

i was recently approved for the quicksilver and i knew nothing about the quicksilver one.....what is the difference in the cards(i havent recieved mine in the mail yet). Now im wondering which one i got...lolSmiley Very Happy

Judging from ur lineup of cards, I would say QS1

Message 49 of 62
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Phaseshift wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

That is not correct.  I just received my QS Cards and they are MC. It is QS with no AF and the 1.5% cash rewards.  It states it in my original letter offer to apply, the intro letter and a CSR confirmed it with me. But it is not a Visa card. I PC's from the Cap1 Platinum no AF to the QS with no AF.

If you PC to QS from a card that was MC, you'll get an MC.  That's how some people are winding up with WMC versions of the QS, instead of the Visa Siggys.  My aim is to get my QS1 to a $5K CL and then see if I can PC to a regular QS, so it'll be a WMC.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.