Re: Quicksilver statement/online account

So from what

Message 11 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was under the impression it would read "platinum mastercard" until my credit limit is high enough to read "world mastercard".

I have not heard of any creditors automatically upgrading and sending you a new card just because your limit hit the minimum limit for a better card.  I'm not saying they don't exist; I just haven't heard of one.  I have asked several of mine about it in the past after receiving CLIs.  One of the guys chuckled and made me feel like an idiot for even asking such a thing. Smiley Happy

You have to ask (in my experience) if not automatically approved.  And the responses may be varied.  While I did raise the limit on my Quicksilver One, and removed the annual fee, not looking for WMC on that one.  Maybe Visa Sig for Freedom.  Already have WMC or WEMC (forget) with Barclays MasterCard.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No they would not send me a new card.  Just the designation or name would be different. World Mastercards are mc that are over $5000 in credit limits. Platinum mastercards are mastercards with under a 5K limit. Signature Visas are visa cards with over $5000 credit limits. Platinum visa's are under a 5k limit.  

Unless you do Sallie Mae with Barclays, or arrival +. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.