tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver vs Quicksilver One

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

If your Cap1 Platinum card is older than 6 months, call the EO and request a PC to a QuickSilver.  Your QS1 is also able to PC to a QS after 6 months.

This is true. but the Regular Qs must have a minimum of a 3K limit . as long as your limit is 3k. they will pc you to the regular no AF Quicksilver.

Maybe thats how it is today....but I have the regular QS Visa and my initial limit was only $1000 in December. Was supposed to be $500 higher from credit steps after 5 timely payments...after I made about 30 payments, I requested a cli myself, got another 2k, then still got the credit steps. It is great to see they arent limiting my card to $3k like they used to do for people.

Yes, If you started with Qs visa. you never had the QS1 that op is talking about. Which is a mastercard.

Even when you pc. it will remain a mastercard.

Example. Started QS1 $500 limit. -QS $3500 limit. No AF. - QS wmc. $5500 limit.

but if you started with Visa. there is nothing to pc to. except maybe a venture or

Venture one. but imo. The Quicksilver no AF is even better than the Venture. which is 2miles per dollar. But the Cash back out paces that. so i have both.

im just saying, others have said, that qs vs qs1 really has no difference whatsoever as far as initial/potential CLs go. not talking about PC.  good info though.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a platinum MC after two months they pc'd to Quicksilver MC 750cl.  I do believe QS and QS1 have same benefits with one having an AF.

Message 22 of 31
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Your statement regarding the Quicksilver MC vs Quicksilver VISA is generally true with exceptions such as mine. I had a Capital One VISA, and it was converted to a Quicksilver One VISA, not a Quicksilver VISA. My goal is to eventually convert my Quicksilver One VISA to Quicksilver VISA.

Message 23 of 31
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

If your Cap1 Platinum card is older than 6 months, call the EO and request a PC to a QuickSilver.  Your QS1 is also able to PC to a QS after 6 months.

This is true. but the Regular Qs must have a minimum of a 3K limit . as long as your limit is 3k. they will pc you to the regular no AF Quicksilver.

My QS started off at $500 with credit steps to $750 about two years ago and I PCed a Platinum MC with the exact same limit ($750) to a QS within the past 30 days. Neither card ever had an AF.

@emanuelr1b wrote:

Your statement regarding the Quicksilver MC vs Quicksilver VISA is generally true with exceptions such as mine. I had a Capital One VISA, and it was converted to a Quicksilver One VISA, not a Quicksilver VISA. My goal is to eventually convert my Quicksilver One VISA to Quicksilver VISA.

That's doesn't sound like an exception. The point is that if you start of with a QS/QS1, the QS will be Visa and the QS1 will be MC. If you, however, start off with a card that's neither a QS nor QS1 but PC into them, your card will remain in the network in which it was issued. So, if you started off with a Platinum Visa and PCed it into a QS1, you'd have a QS1 Visa the same way someone who started off with a Platinum MC and PCed into QS would have a QS MS and that's pretty much the only way to end up with a QS MC or QS1 Visa.

Message 24 of 31
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

So let's see here...is Visa better than a mastercard in terms of prestige? Seems to me like it is. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 25 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

Makes no difference. And no. No brownie points either. However. Even when you got upper crest. VISA signature. Which is nice. In my case. I got the world MasterCard. Just as nice. If not better. All about acceptance. Really not here in USA. But overseas.
Message 26 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@taxi818 wrote:
Makes no difference. And no. No brownie points either. However. Even when you got upper crest. VISA signature. Which is nice. In my case. I got the world MasterCard. Just as nice. If not better. All about acceptance. Really not here in USA. But overseas.

Other than obvious exceptions like the Olympics (which are sponsored by Visa), are Visa and MasterCard accepted at different rates overseas?

I've only been to the U.K. and Mexico, where both seemed to be accepted equally.  I know there are always outliers (like we have here in the U.S. with Sam's Club and Costco) but generally speaking is there a preference overseas?

Message 27 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. the acceptance rate is different overseas. Example. in Europe. Most places absolutely love mastercard. Also in many Asian Countries. however Visa is on the Rise in many Asian Countries as well. But you better keep a Mastercard in your wallet always. Of course in major cities everything is accepted. Including DinersClub. Im not talking about the DinersClub that i have with BMO either. Im talking the original DinersClub with a 14 Digit number starting with a 3 like Amex. or should i say the one Amex copied. Since they were around before Amex. Discover is the least accepted Worldwide. but you can get by if you look for places that accept diners club. But MasterCard still rules. and in 1st world countries. the acceptance rate is the same. However in other places. like Vietnam. Thailand. Philippines. More Mastercard than Visa.

Message 28 of 31
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

When it comes to central/southern Europe at least: not that I've noticed.

What I do notice in Europe is different benefit tiers, as in, Visa tends to be Classic/Gold/Platinum/Infinite vs Platinum/Signature. Also, when it comes to debit cards they are usually Visa Electron or Maestro (the MC equvallent to VE) and the main difference between these two and regular Visa/MC Debit from what I understand is that the funds being withdrawn are (generally or are at least supposed to be) always electronically authorized and they must be available at the time of auth or the purchase is declined (i.e., no overdraft).

Message 29 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

When it comes to central/southern Europe at least: not that I've noticed.

What I do notice in Europe is different benefit tiers, as in, Visa tends to be Classic/Gold/Platinum/Infinite vs Platinum/Signature. Also, when it comes to debit cards they are usually Visa Electron or Maestro (the MC equvallent to VE) and the main difference between these two and regular Visa/MC Debit from what I understand is that the funds being withdrawn are (generally or are at least supposed to be) always electronically authorized and they must be available at the time of auth or the purchase is declined (i.e., no overdraft).

This is correct and they are mostly Debit cards really not true credit cards.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.