Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver vs Venture for travel?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Quicksilver vs Venture for travel?

Pretty straightforward question.

The venture earns 1.25 "travel miles" worth 1 cent per mile (so a 1.25% return on all your purchases)

The quicksilver earns 1.5% cash back...so 1.5% back on all your purchases.

There is really no draw to the ventureone card, they rope people in because people hear the word "miles" and go "oh wow, a travel card".

Quicksilver > ventureone any day of the week.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

The venture earns 1.25 "travel miles" worth 1 cent per mile (so a 1.25% return on all your purchases)

There is really no draw to the ventureone card, they rope people in because people hear the word "miles" and go "oh wow, a travel card".

VentureOne does have a better signup bonus.

Message 12 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah but who goes for the ventureone for the signup bonus. Just go for the venture. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Apply for Venture

2. PC to a no AF Quicksilver after 11 months.

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah but who goes for the ventureone for the signup bonus. Just go for the venture. 

Well, by that logic, if you have good credit, forget QuickSilver and just apply for a new Venture every few months, then consolidate the CLs to avoid annual fees.

...which a lot of people seem to do.

And with how freely Cap One is giving out $400 sums, maybe it really is run by singing gnomes...

Message 15 of 23
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Well, by that logic, if you have good credit, forget QuickSilver and just apply for a new Venture every few months, then consolidate the CLs to avoid annual fees.

...which a lot of people seem to do.

And with how freely Cap One is giving out $400 sums, maybe it really is run by singing gnomes...

I think the drawback to that is you take a hit with inquiries. I believe Cap1 pulls all 3 CBs so there will be one on each. I just pulled up info for each -

Venture card -

Credit Level: EXCELLENT CREDIT

Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 40,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months*

Annual Fee: $0 intro for the first year; $59 after that

Venture One card - 

Credit Level: EXCELLENT CREDIT

Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 20,000 bonus miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months*.

Annual Fee: $0

I think there idea of excellent credit is different than other banks. Not that I'm complaining but most of my scores were in the high 600 range when I PCed to my current Quicksilver and Venture One cards. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

"excellent credit" is kinda bogus. 660+ will get you those cards without much issue
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

And people have done the rolling thin, applying for a new card every year or so.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have gotten 10 new accounts just since march. now THAT's rolling thin. lol.
Message 19 of 23
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Good way to build a nice credit line.  Get the card for the rewards, use it for awhile, roll that limit into another card then repeat. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.