Established Contributor
n777ua

Re: Quite the Chase Surprise . . CLD

[ Edited ]

Update: I have not received a phone call back from Chase XO, but when I logged in tonight all credit limits have been restored! 

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Frequent Contributor
AF_23

n777ua wrote:

Update: I have not received a phone call back from Chase XO, but when I logged in tonight all credit limits have been restored! 

lol. A fool they were. Good for you :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
mmduluth

n777ua wrote:

Congrats. I've had nothing but good experiences with Chase this far with my checking, savings, freedom, and sapphire and I hope it stays that way. It sounds to me like they at least realized they rushed to conclusions and restored your CL's. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Regular Contributor
BCF

Congrats! It is scary when you hear such stories, but at least this one had a happy ending :smileyvery-happy:

Wallet: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 5k; BofA Visa CashRewards 5k; BofA 1-2-3 MasterCard 4.4k; Citi TY Premier 2.5k; AMEX HHonors 3.5k, Chase Marriott 5k, Barclays US Airways 2.5k, Kohl's 300
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

n777ua wrote:

That's terrific.  I'm happy everything worked out for you!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

navigatethis12 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

So don't cause Chase to lose money by purchasing a single item for 10K and then turning around and writing a check for it.  Big time rewards, for limited transaction fee and no interest.  Why would anyone expect lenders to encourage that sort of behavior?  That's likely the primary reason Amex charges such high fees on their Centurion cards, to offset that sort of nonsense.   

I absolutely disagree with that. Chase is still earning money on that 10,000 transaction even if you do not carry the balance. I received $300 for the Chase Freedom I have and swiped until I could swipe no more when it was 5% on groceries and I have never carried a balance. According to you Chase should decrease the limit on the card or close it because they are not bleeding me dry of money. If they made no money they would not have these kind of programs for people to use. The people that do carry balances offset the money lost on people who only use it for the 5%. Keep in mind that a lot of people will only use one card for everything, even when they only earn 1%.

I do this with all the cards I have; buy with them for the high cashback, earn interest on the money until the statement cuts, and then pay it off. I would imagine they prefer someone who pays off way before it is due to someone who pays late a lot and always has a balance. The balane carrying person would be more likely to default.

+1

why would chase or any other credit card care if you borowed $10,000 and you earned them at least 1% (swipe fee) for the previliedge. The 10,000 cost them about 1% per yearto borrow, and if they can turn it over 100 times they would double their money over the year, its pretty close to there dream situation, Extremely low risk money is loaned out for a few days each time. People who carry a balance have a more likely chance of not paying it back sure the interest is nice but one card holder burning them costs more than  100% of the 10,000  have to count the colllection costs.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Established Contributor
n777ua

Just got the call from XO, stating what I already knew.  All CL's restored with no restrictions.  He asked if I had any other questions, I said I didn't but thanked him profusely.  He said he was glad to help, and looked forward to my business for a long time to come.  Other than that, he said I'd be getting a letter regarding our conversation and what action Chase took.

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader

n777ua wrote:

Just got the call from XO, stating what I already knew.  All CL's restored with no restrictions.  He asked if I had any other questions, I said I didn't but thanked him profusely.  He said he was glad to help, and looked forward to my business for a long time to come.  Other than that, he said I'd be getting a letter regarding our conversation and what action Chase took.

Sounds like they were just spooked by the INQs...and they wouldn't be the first CCC to have a knee-jerk reaction. It seems that when they understood your particular situation, they came to their senses.

Congrats!

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
CS800

Sorry about the CLD's

Good info. Chase got spooked by something so I will be watcing how I use my card too. No more inqs for me. Good thing I froze my EX.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

n777ua wrote:

Thats great news!!! CONGRATS!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}