Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAC flex plan card?

tag
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

Re: RAC flex plan card?

@RTOrockstar wrote:

The RAC Acceptance kiosks(found inside Ashley Homestores and other furniture/electronics stores) work under a different set of rules.

That explains it then, it was an Ashley Homestore.  It's not the best option, but for rebuilding it could be a solid choice if you pay off the loan early.  I hope to never be in a position where I need RAC again, but should that happen, I would do it again and pay it off early just like before.

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 11 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@gogotexan wrote:

@RTOrockstar wrote:

The RAC Acceptance kiosks(found inside Ashley Homestores and other furniture/electronics stores) work under a different set of rules.

That explains it then, it was an Ashley Homestore.  It's not the best option, but for rebuilding it could be a solid choice if you pay off the loan early.  I hope to never be in a position where I need RAC again, but should that happen, I would do it again and pay it off early just like before.

I would imagine the difference is the other stores they are in get a cut of the $$$$$$$$$$$too which is why they report...interesting

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I would definetly stay away. The only possible situation I could see using a place like that would be for an extra couch and maybe TV during Superbowl Sunday. Like I said, that is when I MIGHT think about it. 

Message 13 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TG76 wrote:
I used to work for them too, and I agree with Rockstar. Also I wanted to add that you will be paying way more than what the item is actually worth. IMHO you should stay away from places like ROC as they don't build your credit and you will end up paying 10 times what the item was actually worth. Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 17
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

If you like used/repoed furniture, for outrageous prices, what then? Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 17
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

If you like used/repoed furniture, for outrageous prices, what then? Smiley LOL

If that's the case then visit your nearest Rent A Center. Tell'em Troy and the Hulkster sent ya!

Message 16 of 17
jfkg28
Established Member

Ill 100% stay away from them... if it dont do **bleep** for my credit then ide rather pay up front cash at a normal store.. thanks for the info!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.