Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU "skip a pymt" on MC

tag
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

RBFCU "skip a pymt" on MC

I logged into my RBFCU acct this morning (I bank there + have the Premier Rate MC) and had a new message....which was a 1st. So I clicked on it and this is what it said.....

View Message

Sent by:RBFCU
Date:06/23/2016 9:57:31 AM
Subject:You're eligible to skip your July MasterCard payment

Because you are a valued member, we want to say thanks! Make your summer sweeter and keep more money in your pocket by skipping your July MasterCard® payment. Your minimum amount due is $0 and you do not need to take any further action to skip your payment. Plus, there’s no fee.

Enjoy your summer!

When you skip your payment, interest will continue to accrue on any unpaid balances, but no late fees will apply to the skipped payment. Your minimum payment due will resume in August 2016. Contact the RBFCU Card Services Department at 1-800-580-3300 for complete program details.

First time I've ever had a CREDIT CARD offer to skip a pymt, I've gotten them on car loans before,  but thought I would share with you all.  As a data point, I've had the card 6 mo so not sure if that has anything to do with it.  The balance is on a 0% interest promo so they wouldn't actually be making any $$ of me by offering this.  Will still make a pymt anyways since I have a plan in place to insure the balance is paid off when the promo expires, but thought it was worth sharing.Smiley Happy

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: RBFCU "skip a pymt" on MC

They do this around the holidays also. On both auto loans & cc .

my auto loan is skipping July payment ..

Message 2 of 11
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info Score....  It's not uncommon to have a car loan offer a skip a pymt,  I've done it with almost every car loan I've had around the holidays.  This was a new one to me having a credit card offer it.  I may consider it at Christmas, we'll see.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 3 of 11
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Pretty cool

Message 4 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Many years ago I got such offers on a cc which didn't have a 0% offer.   As I PIF every month anyway, this just seemed a way for them to get some interest!

It sounds as if you are all set, but I wouldn't be surprised if this does get some people to pay more interest, by not paying down in time before the 0% period expires.

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I am not sure I would take this if it wasn't a 0% apr thing(which you have) as they are making more interest with people that don't have 0% apr.... Neat to see you have it, but all in the banks favor for people not w/0%

Message 6 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

This is cool and the first I've personally even heard of it in relation to credit cards. I've also seen it with loans of some sort but not CC's.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do this twice a year. Keep in mind that if you do it on their auto loans then GAP doesn't cover your skipped payments.

Btw everyone that hasn't missed payments qualifies. They only emailed about 80k people but it's available to everyone.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 2011XT. I am one of the 80K Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What @2011Xterror said. Listen to the RBFCU Whisper since he works there as our MF double agent. Smiley Very Happy

I concur RBFCU allowed me the option to skip two car payments EVERY year. Once in July and then you could choose either Nov/Dec to skip a car payment.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.