Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBS Bank Kroger Mastercard Approved for 6K ! Pulls EFX only 682

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBS Bank Kroger Mastercard Approved for 6K ! Pulls EFX only 682

I just thought I would let every one know about the RBS Bank "Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards" Mastercard I have been having a hard time finding a issuer that only pulls Equifax my EFX score ranges at anytime from 680 to 707 I have only 2 years of established credit ie: BoA Amex (3K) I recently applied for a alliant credit union Visa card and was approved for 5K (they use EFX only) I have been denied for Citi, Amex, & Chase but today it seems that RBS Bank approved me for a Kroger Mastercard with a credit line of 6K, this is awesome!! The APR sucks (15.99%) but it should lower my ULT under 30% now. They gave be an instant approval with a 682 EFX score but had to call for the credit line info. -- If you want to give them a try here is the link: http://www.krogerpersonalfinance.com/credit-cards/apply-terms.asp .

If it says you've been approved call 888-954-6767 option 3 to find out your credit limit. I think they have lower credit requirements than the other top issuers and their credit lines rock!

Message 1 of 86
85 REPLIES 85
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: RBS Bank Kroger Mastercard Approved for 6K ! Pulls EFX only 682

I got this card in February . . . . CL = $5,500.  The rewards are great if you shop at Kroger, otherwise they're just 1/1.  But, they did offer a 0% BT for first twelve billing cycles.  I'm just concerned that with the news about RBS, will that all vanish in a puff of smoke?  Time will tell.  In the meantime, I'll use the card but pay before the statement drops, just like I do with the others.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how many people know this but if you have the Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards card and you live in an area where Kroger has fueling stations you can save 15 cents/gallon per $100/groceries purchased when you scan the bar code on the card. It's not much but every little bit helps in todays economy.
Message 3 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It did say they were reviewing my application and would respond in 7-10 days. I think this is going to be a denial. It also said to call the number for my application status so I may call and find out .

Message 4 of 86
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

If you do any BT's with them, I strongly advise to do it on the phone!  Be sure to keep names of every person you talk to!

I've had the card for over a year and submitted a BT online.  Upon the online confirmation, it had the card as belonging to CapOne when in actuality it was WaMu.  After what seemed like hours on the phone with CSR's, and supervisors, supposedly it was corrected.  WaMu receives a check, CapOne receives another check, and my account looks like it is approximately 3500 over the credit limit with fees attached!!  

Fortunately, I had the paper trail with dates, times and names, and they reversed the charges and CapOne sends ME a check.  It was a mess to say the least!

Smiley TongueBut the fuel discounts and coupons for free groceries are GREAT!!

Message 5 of 86
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

If I do a BT I'll just use the convenience checks they sent.  The reason I apped for this card is because they just built a new Kroger Super Center almost directly across the road.  And you're correct, the gas rewards are great.  It's also a .03/gal. discount just for having the rewards card.  The convenience plus the savings are going to really help.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied last night... called in for a 1500 limit today.. nothing like 6k but ill take it.  EQ 687.  Thanks for the heads up!

Message 7 of 86
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

anyone with high util get approved?
Message 8 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EFX Util was 47% when I was approved.
Message 9 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application Approved

Congratulations! Your application has been approved. We will send you your new 1-2-3 REWARDS™MasterCard®, a Credit Card Agreement and a Privacy Notice within 7-10 days.

If you would like to check the status of your application or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

You can contact us by phone toll-free at 1-888-954-6767. Our service hours are Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 1 a.m. EST, Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. - midnight EST

wooohoo thank you =)  

Message 10 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.