Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess- U.Bank Will Invetigate What Happened

tag
DI
Super Contributor

RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess- U.Bank Will Invetigate What Happened

I am considering taking legal actions against US Bank if they do not correct the date my account with Kroger was opened.  I opened my account with RBS/Kroger in 9/2009.  US Bank reporting I opened an account with them in 10/2010.  That is clearly a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  Because the account is appearing that I applied and opened i in 10/2010, I didn't get the best auto insurance rate. 

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess

Hey, DI.

This is the primary issue you have with the accounts reporting on your credit reports?

Message 2 of 57
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

A CSR told me to sit tight and they would magically update those dates. But my report as of a few days ago still shows the open date of 10/10 although I opened mine 5/09. And it is holding down my score, especially on TU.

They are aware of it, but don't seem to be in a hurry to address it.

You are the first victim of the incorrect reporting I've seen.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 3 of 57
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Oh this is beyond CSR!  You must escalate this issue to the department that handles Credit Bureau Reports.  Even ask to escalate this to the Executive Office or Department of the President.  Start with a CSR and go up the chain through their manager, then their supervisor, and so forth.  It took Chase 3 months to fix dates on my report, but once I got beyond CSR, it was quickly updated a few days later.  The bureaus say they make immediate updates when special requests come from an institutions Credit Department.

Message 4 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, so that I can begin a paper trail.  I'm going to take legal actions against them.

Message 5 of 57
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I may be wrong, but taking legal action against them will not resolve this particular issue because I'm sure "somewhere" in their Cardholder agreement it states they are NOT obligated to update certain portons of credit reports... only the balance because others like American Express do not report Credit Limits, so it's their policy.  I think it can be worked out by escalating, but you must above all things... be calm and speak in a very pleasant voice and be friendly no matter how much you want to jump through the phone and strangle them.

Message 6 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

I dealt with the type of issue before against General Electric and we settled.  US Bank is violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

§ 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies
[15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2]

(a) Duty of Furnishers of Information to Provide Accurate Information
(1) Prohibition
(A) Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors. A person shall not
furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting
agency if the person knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the
information is inaccurate.
(B) Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors. A person
shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer
reporting agency if
(i) the person has been notified by the consumer, at the address specified by
the person for such notices, that specific information is inaccurate; and
(ii) the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

Message 7 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

From my past Experience, taking legal actions resolves situations like these.  I was able to get my JCP account cleared of any adverse information that was reporting.  I was offered to reopen the same account.  On top of that, I received $2500 compensation for a $300 line of credit account.   

Message 8 of 57
veracious
Established Contributor

+1

Sometimes, the only recourse is to contact a competent Consumers Rights Attorney.

Good Luck.

JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I wonder what it set a person back to initiate legal action these days?
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.