Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess- U.Bank Will Invetigate What Happened

tag
woozy
Contributor

Re: RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess

Mine is still continuing to report wrong.

It's very important to me right now, since I'm applying for a USDA loan. My only current credit is revolving, and only 2 cards, so this card is very important to my credit profile.

I'm delaying my actual app right now because of this, but I'm getting PO'ed.

Message 21 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

Re: RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess

@woozy wrote:

Mine is still continuing to report wrong.

It's very important to me right now, since I'm applying for a USDA loan. My only current credit is revolving, and only 2 cards, so this card is very important to my credit profile.

I'm delaying my actual app right now because of this, but I'm getting PO'ed.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and US Bank have it.  Soon as I get a response, I'll post it.  Hopefully soon everyone will get the justice they deserve as a result of my actions. 

Message 22 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

Re: RBS/Kroger and US Bank Mess-UPDATE FROM US Bank

U.S Bank is in receipt of your request for assistance from the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiries regarding the above referenced Kroger credit card account. We certainly understand your concern with how your credit card account ending in XXX is reflected on your credit bureau report. U.S. Bank is extremely concerned whenever a customer feels negatively impacted by our actions. Please allow me the opportunity to provide you with additional information regarding this matter.  As referenced in your comments to the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota, your Kroger credit card account was converted to U.S. Bank in November 2010. For this reason, we must report November 2010 as the month your account was opened with U.S. Bank. Although your account is shown as being closed with RBS, a date of when the account was originally opened with them is still provided on your credit bureau report. When applying for credit in the future, you may find it beneficial to explain to creditors that your account was converted to U.S. Bank, and request that they consider your prior credit bureau history with RBS too. Since there are not any errors in how your account is being reported, we cannot make any adjustments to your credit file. Additionally, since a bank error has not occurred, we are unable to reimburse you for any extra amount owed for your car insurance.  As a federally regulated national bank, U.S. Bank's policies and procedures are stringently reviewed and internally monitored for compliance. We are also subject to external monitoring by outside regulatory agencies. A careful review of your interactions does not reveal any instance in which U.S. Bank deviated from generally accepted banking practices.  We apologize for any inconvenience in this matter.  If you have any further questions concerning your account, please contact Cardmember Service. Sincerely, (Signed) Office of the Cardmember Service President

Message 23 of 57
rom828
Established Contributor

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

Well, DI, this response pretty much jives with what US bank CSR advised me.

What frustrates me so much....in addition to my report indicating a 'new account' as a negative.....is that when I called US Bank to ask about reporting,  first after seeing notice of change on line and then after  receiving the letter advising of the change,  I was advised that my Kroger card would retain its history and US Bank would not be reported as a new card. 

I guess they consider the closed card as  'retaining' its history.  Not sure how they figure a card with a current open date would not be considered new.

Peraps the CSRs with whom I spoke did not understand how the account would truly report, but it's still aggravating to have this hurting my AAoA and as an additonal negative of new account opened recently.  It's one thing to have your report manually reviewed so you can explain issues, but for can insurance, utilities etc my understanding is that the score is the issue.

I really like my Kroger card and use it all the time, enjoying the grocery rewards and gas price reduction, so I guess I'll have to live with this.  Doesnt seem to be a lot else to do.

As I previously posted, I had this same thing happen when Old Navy converted my store card to a Visa.  I was assured it would not report as a new account, but sure enough, the store card reported as closed and the Visa as new.  No amount of calls or letter writing has changed that to date.   And again, I like the ON  rewards (and the CL) so don't want to close the card.

I'm grateful for the effort you put forth, and if there are further developments..or you take other action...please let us know!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 24 of 57
woozy
Contributor

Hey, let's invite the underwriter over for tea, or maybe have a nice lunch with the guy who makes a decision on our car loan. We'll just chat for a while about why my score drop doesn't really matter.

Message 25 of 57
woozy
Contributor

Your credit score is a rating that compares you, on a scale, with other customers. That's why your score can change every day, it's a moving target. If the action they are taking changes my rating, through no fault of mine, then it's a discriminatory act.

One of he major "unfairnesses" is the way accounts drop off.  All of my brothers' 10+ YO accounts have fallen off. I still have 3 ultra oldies, one still showing after 22 years! Consequently, my score is 100 points hgher than his for an almost equal credit situation.

CRAs...Too mch power, not enough accountability.

Message 26 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been interesting to follow.

Now, don't throw anything at me, but it seems like it may be time to untie the undies and move forward.  IMO.  Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 57
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Sadly, I'll never hear the end of this specific subject at work, me thinks... 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 28 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This has been interesting to follow.

Now, don't throw anything at me, but it seems like it may be time to untie the undies and move forward.  IMO.  Smiley Wink

I don't give up easily!  If I did, I wouldn't have won my case against GE years ago.  And I did it on my own without the assistance of an attorney.  Ha!

Message 29 of 57
DI
Super Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

Well, DI, this response pretty much jives with what US bank CSR advised me.

What frustrates me so much....in addition to my report indicating a 'new account' as a negative.....is that when I called US Bank to ask about reporting,  first after seeing notice of change on line and then after  receiving the letter advising of the change,  I was advised that my Kroger card would retain its history and US Bank would not be reported as a new card. 

I guess they consider the closed card as  'retaining' its history.  Not sure how they figure a card with a current open date would not be considered new.

Peraps the CSRs with whom I spoke did not understand how the account would truly report, but it's still aggravating to have this hurting my AAoA and as an additonal negative of new account opened recently.  It's one thing to have your report manually reviewed so you can explain issues, but for can insurance, utilities etc my understanding is that the score is the issue.

I really like my Kroger card and use it all the time, enjoying the grocery rewards and gas price reduction, so I guess I'll have to live with this.  Doesnt seem to be a lot else to do.

As I previously posted, I had this same thing happen when Old Navy converted my store card to a Visa.  I was assured it would not report as a new account, but sure enough, the store card reported as closed and the Visa as new.  No amount of calls or letter writing has changed that to date.   And again, I like the ON  rewards (and the CL) so don't want to close the card.

I'm grateful for the effort you put forth, and if there are further developments..or you take other action...please let us know!!

I responded to U.S. Bank's answer today.  The drama continues. 

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.