cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Payments to BestBuy Rewards Zone MC.

tag
Percy
Regular Contributor

RE: Payments to BestBuy Rewards Zone MC.

I have a payment due 11/12/09 And, i made a PIF 11/2/09 and they havent added the amount as avaliable credit yet. its been a week. I was wondering why they hold the payment? they told me they want to make sure the bank doesnt take the payment back for some odd reason. And im wondering if this is going to happen every time i make a payment, for it to stay on hold for 7-14 days... has anyone else experienced this?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: RE: Payments to BestBuy Rewards Zone MC.

They did not hold my payment. I made my first payment of $700 and the credit was available the next day. My card is just the store not the master card this could be the difference.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abester000 wrote:
I have a payment due 11/12/09 And, i made a PIF 11/2/09 and they havent added the amount as avaliable credit yet. its been a week. I was wondering why they hold the payment? they told me they want to make sure the bank doesnt take the payment back for some odd reason. And im wondering if this is going to happen every time i make a payment, for it to stay on hold for 7-14 days... has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Abester,

How did you pay? If by check, they probably will hold it for up to 10 days to be sure that it clears the bank. An on line payment should be available in a day or 2.

CB

Message 3 of 9
Percy
Regular Contributor

paid online through best buy rewards zone website... through my penfed checking account.... they said they wanted to make sure that my bank was sending the payment ...

Message 4 of 9
mt2va
Established Contributor

I have this card & I pay online using my banks billpay service & it goes in 2 days.  I don't trust HSBC with my bank information to pay online through their website.  I also have a Sears Solutions MC backed by HSBC & I pay it the same way.  Never a problem. 
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 5 of 9
Percy
Regular Contributor

Im going to start doing that from now on... through my bill pay..... im guessing the reason their doing this is because its a new credit card and they want to make sure my payments are going through..
Message 6 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Could it have to do with if the card is on plan a or plans b? Maybe they hold payments on plan b.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they held my first payment for Sears MC for 14 days because it was a "Large payment" = $275.00  HAHA

they said over time as they knew what kind of charger and payer I was, the holds would get shorter and shorter 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many CCC's have a policy of holding ACH payments from 3 up to 14 days depending on the account, your credit, age of account, etc.

Use BillPay from your bank and there is no hold.  It credits the day it arrives which is 1 to 3 days in most cases.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.