Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REALLY Nervous Now...

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

REALLY Nervous Now...

It has been a long time since I posted, I have been really good...until today that is. Smiley Tongue

I closed on my first property on 8/30 and wanted to add some tradelines.  Until today I had only had NFCU CC ($16,100), NFCU LOC ($12,000), Sallie Mae MC (Barclay) ($2500) and CapOne MC ($5000).  So, I am renovating the property and added the following this morning:

Home Depot $500

Walmart $1000

Sams Club $637 (IK Smiley Very Happy)

My question is this, will this cause any AA from my current accounts?  Did I just shoot myself in the foot for getting this accounts?  I have a ton of inquiries now (mortgage and apps) and will be taking a HUGE hit on my already sad AAoA (3 yrs I think).  Should I decline the Sam's Club?  I really just wanted the discover version. Smiley Mad  They are the same as Walmart so idk.  I know that I already took the hit for the inquiry but I may be able to avoid the hit from that one on my AAoA, what do you all think?  I got the Home Depot for the renovations expecting much higher limits because of the cash back promotion.  That is Citi, how quickly does this grow?  As for Walmart, I thought I could use it for misc. items and the free FICO. 

So annoyed with myself right now.  I didn't even really need these cards at all....ERRRR!  I feel so guilty like to just fell off the wagon and need a meeting or intervention!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Startome
Regular Contributor

Re: REALLY Nervous Now...

I won't claim to have the answers to your questions, but I really want to know. How did you get a 637 dollar CL??? lol.

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 2 of 30
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I think you will be fine, but I would call Home Depot and ask for a higher limit (tell them you just bought a house, etc.) . They are pretty good about increasing limits even after just being approved. It usually is a SP when you call in right after approval, later CLI requests are pretty easy to get, but they do a HP (usually on TU) when you request one online. When I got mine, they approved me for 1500, after the phone call it went to 4500, no HP required.

I would not decline the Sam's, you already took the hit (INQ) for it. You may want to call them too to see if they will increase the limit.

People put way too much stock in stories of AA. RELAX.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

IK right!  Its the strangest approval I think that I have ever received.  Smiley Indifferent

It is such a random number, I don't know.  It was an instant approval and says congradulations and gave me $637 dollars :-)

Message 4 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I will give it a try, thank you for the response!

Message 5 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

It has been a long time since I posted, I have been really good...until today that is. Smiley Tongue

I closed on my first property on 8/30 and wanted to add some tradelines.  Until today I had only had NFCU CC ($16,100), NFCU LOC ($12,000), Sallie Mae MC (Barclay) ($2500) and CapOne MC ($5000).  So, I am renovating the property and added the following this morning:

Home Depot $500

Walmart $1000

Sams Club $637 (IK Smiley Very Happy)

My question is this, will this cause any AA from my current accounts?  Did I just shoot myself in the foot for getting this accounts?  I have a ton of inquiries now (mortgage and apps) and will be taking a HUGE hit on my already sad AAoA (3 yrs I think).  Should I decline the Sam's Club?  I really just wanted the discover version. Smiley Mad  They are the same as Walmart so idk.  I know that I already took the hit for the inquiry but I may be able to avoid the hit from that one on my AAoA, what do you all think?  I got the Home Depot for the renovations expecting much higher limits because of the cash back promotion.  That is Citi, how quickly does this grow?  As for Walmart, I thought I could use it for misc. items and the free FICO. 

So annoyed with myself right now.  I didn't even really need these cards at all....ERRRR!  I feel so guilty like to just fell off the wagon and need a meeting or intervention!

I wouldnt worry about AA because of those cards. I see it as a non issue. Citi grows really well with you. They do like to HP for CLI requests but I have heard of SP CLIs. 

Message 6 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wouldn't worry about AA but I would call Home Depot for CLI and Sams!

Message 7 of 30
Irisa
Senior Contributor

I also agree that now you should call and try to get higher CLs on the cards you got. Don't worry so much about AA, it will recover Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I called all new cards and asked for limit increases and no go!  The walmart and sams said 3-6 months via hard pulls.  Home depot (Citi) said they review regulary.  All said that I could try but would be hard pulls.  I said no thank you, I have enough inquries for now.   I guess I will just garden these and, if they don't grow, I can always close after a year.  Uhh, shouldve just went for another NFCU card...LOVE THEM!  Heart

Message 9 of 30
Startome
Regular Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

IK right!  Its the strangest approval I think that I have ever received.  Smiley Indifferent

It is such a random number, I don't know.  It was an instant approval and says congradulations and gave me $637 dollars :-)

That's hilarious. I hope I get a weird one like that one day =)

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.