Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REALLY Nervous Now...

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: REALLY Nervous Now...

I got a Sam's 1037 so I think they like 37s LOL! 

Message 11 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Startome wrote:

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

IK right!  Its the strangest approval I think that I have ever received.  Smiley Indifferent

It is such a random number, I don't know.  It was an instant approval and says congradulations and gave me $637 dollars :-)

That's hilarious. I hope I get a weird one like that one day =)

I was actually thinking that same thing Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Too funny!  I wanted to confirm the credit limit when I called and I asked why such a odd amount and the rep just laughed and said I don't know.

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 30
missjae
Established Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

IK right!  Its the strangest approval I think that I have ever received.  Smiley Indifferent

It is such a random number, I don't know.  It was an instant approval and says congradulations and gave me $637 dollars :-)

Funny, they gave me the exact $637 limit they gave you on Sam's Club. Congrats on the approval!

Message 14 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

So how long did it take to grow?  And, if you dont mind me asking, how much did they increase you by? 

Message 15 of 30
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I think the only one you may have an issue with is Barclay. They like to review accounts/inquiries and some people have had their limits chopped or even cards closed.

Just be careful with them.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 16 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I was reading the same thing about Barclays on other posts.  I wouldn't be too upset losing them but it does have nice cash back.  My main concern is NFCU.  I LOVE them and wouldn't want to jeopardize those account for anything.  Are they inquiry/new account sensitive?  What about balance carrying, does NFCU have issues with that?  I am getting nervous again!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 30
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

I called all new cards and asked for limit increases and no go!  The walmart and sams said 3-6 months via hard pulls.  Home depot (Citi) said they review regulary.  All said that I could try but would be hard pulls.  I said no thank you, I have enough inquries for now.   I guess I will just garden these and, if they don't grow, I can always close after a year.  Uhh, shouldve just went for another NFCU card...LOVE THEM!  Heart

What number did you call? I have NEVER received a hardpull for a Walmart CLI or on any GE account. I called the backdoor number on my Walmart card before I even used it and had an increase from $2000 to $5000.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 18 of 30
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

I called all new cards and asked for limit increases and no go!  The walmart and sams said 3-6 months via hard pulls.  Home depot (Citi) said they review regulary.  All said that I could try but would be hard pulls.  I said no thank you, I have enough inquries for now.   I guess I will just garden these and, if they don't grow, I can always close after a year.  Uhh, shouldve just went for another NFCU card...LOVE THEM!  Heart

What number did you call? I have NEVER received a hardpull for a Walmart CLI or on any GE account. I called the backdoor number on my Walmart card before I even used it and had an increase from $2000 to $5000.

I called 877-294-7548?  The representative told me that it would be another hard pull and that would be the same for their sam's card.  She said that they typically approve you for the highest amount automatically?

Message 19 of 30
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

I called 877-294-7548?  The representative told me that it would be another hard pull and that would be the same for their sam's card.  She said that they typically approve you for the highest amount automatically?

The number I called was 877-379-8173 ~ Unless things have changed very recently, I just think that rep does not know what she is talking about. Just 2 weeks ago I requested another increase with Walmart and that too was a soft pull. Granted that one was using their online request, but whether online or calling that number it has never been a hard inquiry for me.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.