cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REALLY? "You may include somebody else's income"?!

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: REALLY? "You may include somebody else's income"?!

@twizzeler wrote:

Could I actually rely on this statement and not get in trouble. My income isn't high right now because I'm a student, but my father supports me financially with his income as well. Would I be able to put BOTH our incomes down? It just makes me feel really strange, like I wouldn't want to list ALL of his income as accessible but I know with my income alone I would probably get a low limit.

As always, consider the evidence you can supply for an income verification.  Do you have full access to you father's entire income and do you have documents to prove this?

Message 21 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

If it were me in your situation. I would use the income that your dad provides you each month and maybe have him write you a check rather than paying cash (if that's what he's doing). That way if something does come up, you will have a paper trail showing that you took that in as income.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 22 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

LOL, I remember getting lectured countless times as a child about the implications of living in a community property state, and the importance of choosing your spouse wisely.

Did you get the same lecture from your parents Open? Or is it only from your wife? Smiley Happy

LOL...Mostly from my parents, who are naturally the distrusting sort, I suppose.  

Like most rebellious teenagers who wasted too much time on a mispent youth, I really didn't listen much or followed advice, however prudent and sagely.  However, I realize now how good right they were about many things.

I've always told my wife, the only inheritance I care about are my Grandfather's (we're the same height and build) hand-me-down bespoke Anderson and Sheppard Sports coats.  Since they were already bequeathed to me when he passed away, everyting else, my Parents can do with whatatever they wish, as far as I'm concerned.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.