cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECEIVED AMEX BCE....DEAD END ROAD???

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: RECEIVED AMEX BCE....DEAD END ROAD???

I sincerely feel Amex gives people with high DTI ratios worse rates to discourage them from carrying even more debt.

My rate was 22.9% until a few days ago when it was lowered. I called and complained about the rate being higher than their worst advertized rate and they trimmed a little off.

Amex still beats most other companies. When my situation improves they'll treat me better.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your approval! You will love your card and I wouldn't worry about the verbiage on the approval.

We are having a Social in the garden hosted by myjourney, come join us!
Message 12 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your approval! You will love your card and I wouldn't worry about the verbiage on the approval.

We are having a Social in the garden hosted by myjourney, come join us!

OP yes we would luv to have you join us Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 36
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Be glad you got one-and a revolver at that. I apped for one 10 days ago they turned me down in less than 10 secs. I would have been STOKED to have what you were given.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 14 of 36
12njoy
Super Contributor

Was that a charge card or credit card that you applied for?

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 15 of 36
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

The OP mentions "being puzzled" by being given the highest interest rate (21.99%), despite having a TU FICO of 732.  I received the BCE card earlier this year ($5K initial CL), with an AMEX reported FICO score of 802.  I received what I think was the interrmediate interest rate of 16.99%.  I guess there isn't much latitude in credit scores vs. interest rates, especially if  the available rinterest rates increments are quite limited!?

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 16 of 36
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@12njoy: If it was me you're aking, I apped by phone for the Gold-but the CSR put me in for the PRG. I thought they were 2 different cards-the PRG being harder to get. But everyone at AMEX said they're the same card when I called about the denial.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 17 of 36
Danizzle
New Contributor

Mine is 20.99% after the intro 0%. It was one of the last cards (5th of 6) I applied for over a couple months, so I can't remember exactly what my DTI was at the time, but not much. If you want to know, my Exp was 693 and got a 5.5k limit.

Just PIF and you'll be fine!

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 18 of 36
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I never really pay that much attention to reasons on rejection and, especially, less than best terms letters.  Basically, card issuer just lists various "reasons" why they deny you.  The problem is they usually just laundry list reasons why your credit score is lower than 850.  For example, my wife is over 800 credit score and got a less than best credit letter from AMEX that had half a dozen to dozen reasons.

Here is the problem:  The reasons are basically not actionable.  They are not listed in any order of importance.  The reality is probably only one or two reasons that are primary reason for not getting best terms, but they aren't telling you that.  They just generate a form letter with the laundry list.

As for the OP, what is he really complaining about?  That he got worst terms?  Guess what, a BK will do that.  He was lucky to get a card with BK showing.  He's worried about his 61 day CLI?  Complain when you are rejected for it, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Obviously AMEX being a bit more aggressive as BK used to be automatic denial and OP gets his member date a bit earlier than they would have otherwise.  It's a 0 AF first year card with great rewards and decent signup bonus.  How horrible for OP.

As for his initial CL, I didn't hear what he got vs what other issuers gave him.  Would be interested in hearing what CLs he got and what cards/CLs he got.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 19 of 36
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

+1

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.