cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED ALERT! Fairmont Card from Chase ending?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RED ALERT! Fairmont Card from Chase ending?!

Fico Fam, have you heard anything about Chase selling or not issuing the Fairmont card anymore the separate website for the card states 

Notice The page you requested has either moved or no longer exists. For individuals looking for information on Chase credit cards:

Click here to view the Site Map or use the Site Map link on the bottom of the page to see a listing of section within the site.

Use the links at the bottom of the page to visit the main sections of the site.

Thank you for visiting Chase.

The link to dead page is:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/fairmont/lp

Do we know anything? Smiley Sad I called the JP Morgan Executive Line and I am waiting for a call back from my assigned rep, she checked with the people who take applications over the phone and was told they were not doing apps over the phone for this card, she also checked with the other Executive reps and they were all baffled. The Fairmont website redirects to the dead application page too. I just got this card two months ago after a hard won recon and would hate to have to go through that again as it is my only card with Chase ATM. Thoughts? 

Edited to add the bit about the Fairmont website.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RED ALERT! Fairmont Card from Chase ending?!

Or maybe they will rebrand the card the card to be a Visa Infinite or do something else?

Message 2 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Looks like it's time to move a limit and consolidate

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

Looks like it's time to move a limit and consolidate

Is there any precedent for Chase selling a portfolio? Or discontinuing a card? Would they let me product change after they announce I wonder... I know the never allow product changes on cobrand cards but I can not find an example of Chase closing out a cobranded card that they have owned before. 

Message 4 of 42
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Fairmont was sold to Accor last year. Might have something to do with it.

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update to everybody who has this card it looks like Accor ie Fairmont will be ending business with Chase. I sent an email to their marketing team yesterday and just got a response stating that they were not issuing new Chase accounts but existing ones were being serviced. Something that Chase didn't even bother to tell their reps. My guess is Fairmont is shopping around for a new bank.

Message 6 of 42
rlx01
Established Contributor

It's not surprising. This card is a great card in many ways, but never got much attention.

It's possible Accor decided to create a new CC range like Marriott. We'll see.
Message 7 of 42
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update to everybody who has this card it looks like Accor ie Fairmont will be ending business with Chase. I sent an email to their marketing team yesterday and just got a response stating that they were not issuing new Chase accounts but existing ones were being serviced. Something that Chase didn't even bother to tell their reps. My guess is Fairmont is shopping around for a new bank.

If they do decide to re-issue  under a different lending institution Capital one or Synchrony bank  but I would have to go with Synchrony bank.  

Message 8 of 42
willwar14
Valued Contributor

This is very interesting, me and my mom have pending Fairmount applications that are waiting to be reviewed/denied by lending, I wonder what will happen to the apps now..
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 9 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Closed the Fairmont and moved the limit to Ritz. $35,000 on the Ritz now 😬
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.