cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED ALERT! Fairmont Card from Chase ending?!

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: RED ALERT! Fairmont Card from Chase ending?!

There won't be a fairmont card. Accor is the owner and they don't have a credit card as I said.

You can want and dream all you want but the card is gone and you will pc to something. Marriot int has a card affiliation as the parent company and Accor has none.

Fair mint doesn't exist as a company anymore.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 31 of 42
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Wallstreet Journal. 2.7billion was the acquisition.

Right, I was interested in your source/reasoning as to why you would say Accor ended the relationship. I already knew Accor acquired Fairmont. 

They don't have an american credit card co-brand Bank affiliation.  Therefore, no card will be available in the US.  IDK, maybe they have relationships with their foreign carrier.

But it's gone and won't be coming back for who knows when.

That has no bearing at all..... we can turn to the two different cards of Ritz Carlton and Marriot both owned under the same same umbrella but two different hotel chains offering different things. It could be profitable for Accor to continue to have a Fairmont branded credit card as guests at those hotels may list that as a high priority. 

Accor doesn't have any US credit card, how can they have two!

It's not Chase's fault or Accor's they just don't have a credit card or choose not to.

You are making absolutely no sense. Fairmont Hotels will continues to operate under the Fairmont name under the Accor Group, much like Ritz Carlton does under the Marriot Group, hence I provided the above example. One arm can do something that the other arm does not have to do, Accor could choose to let Fairmont find a new bank partner, and it would not at all surprise me if this were the case. 

I rest my case, see doctor of credit.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 32 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:
There won't be a fairmont card. Accor is the owner and they don't have a credit card as I said.

You can want and dream all you want but the card is gone and you will pc to something. Marriot int has a card affiliation as the parent company and Accor has none.

Lmao you have no idea of corporate structure apparently...

Message 33 of 42
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Yes I do.  See doctor of credit.  It appears you don't.

Message 34 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

To which article to you speak of?

Message 35 of 42
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Go to the web site and read it yourself.  Also found on the pointsguy now.  No Accor credit card in US.  Fairmont cards may be PC'd to Chase FU.

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Go to the web site and read it yourself.  Also found on the pointsguy now.  No Accor credit card in US.  Fairmont cards may be PC'd to Chase FU.

Dang I had tried googling it before nothing came up interesting I had actually direct messaged TPG on Facebook yesterday too and they didn't bother to reply. Thanks for bringing this to my attention RP.

Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 38 of 42
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Dang I had tried googling it before nothing came up interesting I had actually direct messaged TPG on Facebook yesterday too and they didn't bother to reply. Thanks for bringing this to my attention RP.

Lmao, glad we cleared that up......

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The article does bring up an interesting point about those who may want the CSP and will be over 5/24 for the foreseeable future like me. However it means missing out on signup bonus Smiley Sad  anyone new going to try for it? There are still people getting approved apparently, could be a good way to get some free hotel nights and then product change to a no AF Chase Card. Once in decade opportunity. 

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.