Frequent Contributor
Skye12329

RED Card CLI?

I was wondering with Target RED Card, is there any way to get a CLI? i see everyone with the same limit of $200 like me with decent limits on their other cards. When i contacted Target they said there is no way to ask for one, and they give them out randomly, but when i checked my CR it shows who checked it with a SI and target wasnt on there, so clearly they arent looking. So i was wondering is the only real way to get a CLI by threating to close? Because my friend recently applied instant approved for $2500, so makes me wonder how can i get my CL up on my redcard and not be stuck with a $200...

& Elan Financial Services Visa
Established Contributor
Brusilov

Re: RED Card CLI?

[ Edited ]

From what I've seen on this forum threatening to close the card won't really help, nor will contacting EO.  I'm one of the few that got a CLI from $500 to $1000 after getting the card this June.  I use it every couple weeks and spend maybe $20-30 at a time.

edit: spelling error

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Valued Contributor
FinStar

Nope.  One individual attempted escalating it to their EO, which took roughly about 30 days for a call-back, and not much upward movement IIRC.  Threatening to close will not do anything either, they will call your bluff.  On the upside, some folks have been getting auto-CLIs on their REDCards so it just depends what your credit profile looks like and what kind of usage you're putting through it.  I got three auto-CLIs on my Target Visa this year alone.

Regular Contributor
mountainmom

I contacted eo and accomplished nothing. Explained when I got the card I was a student. Now my hhi is 75k, my daughters and I usually do a weekly target shipping trip to see what's new etc etc. i have not used my card since getting their reply. And I haven't been shopping their either. They dont seem to want my business.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+