Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REI Visa card is U.S. Bank National Association

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REI Visa card is U.S. Bank National Association

Anyone have any info on the REI Visa issued by US Bank National Association? 

Anyone approved for credit through this bank? 

My scores are 680 - 714, some old baddies all due to fall off during 2008.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REI Visa card is U.S. Bank National Association

known to be somewhat stringet.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card. Took me a while but I finally got it. lol. I think my score was between 680 -720. Not sure... And they usually check TU. Not worth waiting for if you ask me... I RARELY use it. And the rewards suck!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my REI card for several years now and it is one of my two favorite cards (the other being the Chase freedom card). The customer service is incredible. I have yet to call them and got someone that didn't help me out. I have a 13K credit limit (oh sorry, I guess it is a revolving credit limit thingy) on it. True, the rewards only are good if you shop at REI a lot but I like buying other things with the card as well because now I have a large surprise dividend from REI which justifies my purchases there. So I like the card.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What/who is REI. I guess I could google/ask it.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

REI is an outdoor supply company. www.rei.com
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DH has the REI Visa and he loves it. The points add up pretty fast and we love backpacking so it's perfect for us.
Message 7 of 8
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

OMG this card looks perfect.  Am I reading correctly that you have to buy the $20 REI lifetime membership before you apply for the card?  I would apply right now except I've gotten 3 cards in the past week and a half and I'm thinking if I go overboard I'll scare AMEX into a FR on me.

From what I can tell you get 5% back on all purchases from REI and then at the end of the year you get 10% of your annual purchases back.  So basically 15% cash back on REI purchases?  That's nuts.

Lol I need this card.  I'm about 45 minutes from OBED for those of you who climb and 20 minutes from countless backpacking, hiking etc.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.