Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REI WMC... Anyone interested?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

REI WMC... Anyone interested?

Backed by US Bank... I'm obviously not applying nor interested because US Bank is so generous to BK'ers lol!! Just thought I'd post this if anyone else had it to let other myfico members here about their experience with the card, or if anyone wanted to be interested, they could check it outSmiley Wink

image.jpg

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REI WMC... Anyone interested?

grumpy-cat-saying-no (3).jpg

Message 2 of 21
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@HeavenlyF

Is that your final answer? 😁
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final answer! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

grumpy-cat-saying-no (3).jpg

LOL, Me either!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like any other rewards card it depends on if REI is a place you shop a fair amount.  The dividend payment is certainly nice.  There is tons of positiveness to REI if you are an outdoorsman.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Backed by US Bank... I'm obviously not applying nor interested because US Bank is so generous to BK'ers lol!! Just thought I'd post this if anyone else had it to let other myfico members here about their experience with the card, or if anyone wanted to be interested, they could check it outSmiley Wink

image.jpg

Nope.

Message 7 of 21
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

I have their Visa version. They moved to MC this summer.

The card is good for REI spending; one benefit that I see over say using the Cash+ is that for big enough purchases, like a moderately high-end bike, you could very well get over Cash+'s quarterly limit but on this card, you'll still get 5%. It's restrictive though, the benefits aren't available at any other store. However, as an REI member, you get 10%; using this card, you get 5%, and by say using UPromise portal, you get another 5% so ordering online could get you close to 20% off. 

One problem is that rewards are paid out annually. They mail reward cheques around March; those could be only used at REI stores till June. After June, you could ask for a cash redemption either at an REI store or by calling the cust. serv. and getting a paper cheque mailed.

I got it in Aug 2013 at 1k limit. It stayed there till Nov 14, when I got the Cash+, and then got a SP CLI to 3k. A few weeks ago, I bumped it to 5k. They have a easy-to-use CLI form. No HP for <2k requests; however if denied, they send you TU 04 Bankcard enhanced score, so I guess that's what they use for account opening as well.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Come on, give it a shot. You know you want to.  stirthepot2.gif

Message 9 of 21
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Not taking the cheese.....

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.