cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORT HERE your MOST VALUABLE CARDS don't be shy :)

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: REPORT HERE your MOST VALUABLE CARDS don't be shy :)

HF could definitely be a community leader! Can we vote? 😬
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 31 of 34
yfan
Valued Contributor

I tend to cash out as soon as rewards are available to do so, plus going back and looking at these numbers don't account for certain programs like Amex Offers, BankAmeriDeals, etc. But value is more than cashback or points. For example, I have recovered about $500 from Discover by filing Price Protection claims for electronics I have purchased as an early adapter which then inevitably headed down in price in the next months (including a couple of Black Friday deals that I almost certainly would have missed had I waited as they usually sell out in about 5 miuntes) - and I have had the card just a year. I have maybe - MAYBE - earned half that in cashback from Discover. I have visited a couple of musems on Bank of America's Museums on Us program, and that's a good chunk of money saved.

My Costco Amex (I know, I know) is another one of the more valuable cards to me, not because of its cashback numbers but because it gives me cashback for Costco gas, and because it saves me from having to carry a second card (the Costco membership card). I am guessing that the upcoming Citi Costco Visa will be equally valuable.

My Orbitz Visa holds a high amount of value for me because it allows me to earn a high rewards rate from the vast majority of travel expenses (5% on hotels and air travel) and because of the Orbitz Rewards Program's zero redemption threshold.

Citi Double Cash is valuable not just for its flat rewards but Citi's feature to be able to generate a virtual card number to use for online transactions without the need of a special software intervening.

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an idea. Lets cut the shenanigans and stay on topic like yfan. 😆 Who's next?
Message 33 of 34
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an idea. Lets cut the shenanigans and stay on topic like yfan. 😆 Who's next?

On topic? What is this on topic you speak of? Smiley Tongue 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.