cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORT HERE your MOST VALUABLE CARDS don't be shy :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REPORT HERE your MOST VALUABLE CARDS don't be shy :)

I was on my Discover account tonight and caculated my Cashback bonus redemption history for the past year and WOW! $547.87 of free money!!!! Just for using no annual fee cards! So i went to Citi Double, Capitol one, Bank America and Chase to see their results. Share yours if you want - annual fee + bonuses if you have any Smiley Happy

Last 12 months Cashback earned ...

DISCOVER IT............................$550 

+ Discover Deals

CHASE FREEDOM...................$285

+ Shop through Chase 

CITI DOUBLE CASH.................$260 

BANK AMERICA BBR...............$130

+ BankAmeriDeals

US BANK...................................$125

+ Checking promotion 

eBay Bucks................................$35

CAPITAL ONE QS.....................$10

BARCLAY. REWARD.................$5

FNBO AMEX..............................$3

................ANNUAL FEES:        -  0

TOTAL CASH BACK EARNED:$1,403

others pending ... + $250 Amex ED

+ $500 Amex PRG

+ $1,000+ Amex Platinum     <----- anyone got that yet?

future cards....    Chase Sapphire Preferred

US Bank Cash

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REPORT HERE your CASH BACK you've earned so far :)

Discover it - $616.83, Mainly Discover Deals
Sallie Mae - $120....guesstimate, likely a smidge higher
Blue for Business - $69.52
SimplyCash - $48.26
Ink Cash - $31.46, opened a couple months ago
BCE - $25.72

Total Cash Back 2015 = $913.79
Zero AF(s)

Cooling it with the cards for awhile aside from regular monthly necessities. Probably wont see a huge amount of cash back this year. Smiley Very Happy Which is ok.
Message 2 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Discover is something around $42 right now, but I think I cashed it out earlier in the year don't remember. Upromise has $64 already, granted $50 of that is the first use bonus but even $14 is not bad for a month of having a card. Quicksilver I have cashed out several times, so couldn't tell you. My Double Cash is at $19 after one statement. BJ's card I cash out often because unfortunately the rewards expire, but I have probably earned $100-120 in rewards this year from them just from spending there. Cash+ is at $17, had for 2 months but generally only using for fast food (5%) and restaurants (2%). going to throw more spend on it so I can get to the $100 for the one-time $25 bonus. BCP is at $29. I cashed in around February or so. But my BCP 6% hasn't kicked in yet as I just upgraded a few weeks ago.

No huge numbers here, I'm a smaller spender and no matter how impressive a huge amount of cash back may be, we still have to spend to get it so I'll stick to being a low spender!

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My total is kind of lame since I put all of my spend on AF cards but at least I'm getting my points worth out of it. I cashed out freedom and quicksilver awhile ago but Discover is currently over 100 dollars.
Message 4 of 34
liv
Established Member

I'm not doing to bad this year.  I got the Amex ED and have been building up points for a trip this winter.

Discover - $232

BoA        - $128

Cap1      - $ 41

Total      - $401

Amex ED stockpiling points - currently 30,0000

Amex ED $5k | BOA Cash Back Signature Visa $5k | BOA Better Balance $5.5k | Barclay Apple Rewards $3k | CapOne Quicksilver $7k | Chase Slate $5.8k | Chase Amazon $500 | Discover IT $5.9k | REI WMC $5k | Target $200
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you guys are making me jealous! I haven't earned nearly as much. But I didn't start this credit card game until Mid-April of this year, so I am pretty far behind.

Quicksilvers: $61.22

Discover: $87.45

Amex: $180.42

Total: $329.09

My Discover statement cuts tomorrow and I hope to have a lot of cash back on there, from Amazon on Discover deals. And of course Amex is like two months behind on their rewards so I don't have an accurate number.

Message 6 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This type of the thread keeps popping up, so I have to keep agreeing with KDM that it really depends just on quantity of spend and where you spend.    If you spend a $1M and have a 1% card, you get $10K back without any cleverness at all.   If most of your spending is on categories not supported by any card, you do less well than if you spend on well-supported categories such as groceries and gas.

And the biggest numbers come from things not allowed to be discussed here.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was on my Discover account tonight and caculated my Cashback bonus redemption history for the past year and WOW! $547.87 of free money!!!! Just for using no annual fee cards! So i went to Citi Double, Capitol one, Bank America and Chase to see their results. Share yours if you want - annual fee + bonuses if you have any Smiley Happy

Last 12 months Cashback earned ...

DISCOVER IT............................$550 

+ Discover Deals

CHASE FREEDOM...................$285

+ Shop through Chase 

CITI DOUBLE CASH.................$260 

BANK AMERICA BBR...............$130

+ BankAmeriDeals

US BANK...................................$125

+ Checking promotion 

eBay Bucks................................$35

CAPITAL ONE QS.....................$10

BARCLAY. REWARD.................$5

FNBO AMEX..............................$3

................ANNUAL FEES:        -  0

TOTAL CASH BACK EARNED:$1,403

others pending ... + $250 Amex ED

+ $500 Amex PRG

+ $1,000+ Amex Platinum     <----- anyone got that yet?

future cards....    Chase Sapphire Preferred

US Bank Cash

Actually your ED and PRG and Platinum are all much more than that if you redeem for maximum value.  Your title does say CASH though, but I know I wont be redeeming all of mine for cash.

35k Delta miles plus 2k from spend and $50

10k MR points plus 5k from spend ED

50k MR points plus 10k from spend PRG

80k IHG points plus 2k from spend and $50

$100 double cash (approved end of july)

$600 Quicksilver (open december 2014)

$100 Commercebank gift cards (opened september 2014)

not even going to include the 1% from credit one!

not including discover since its too hard to calculate what was mine, a lot was redeemed for shell gift cards $50 for 25, and car rentals over the last 2 years.

Total value:

2,200+400+50+50+100+600+100=$3,500  

Keep in mind taxes were paid, insurance were paid, utilities always ran though etc. I really do NOT spend that much money and coupon a ton. I am pleased with my results but they could be better.

not even including all the amex offers, small business saturday (whos ready?!) and almost 3 grand I got from softserve/isis (20 off 40 numerous times, 15 off 25 numerous times, 50 a month free, spend 80 cents at vending get $5x100+ etc etc)

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

This type of the thread keeps popping up, so I have to keep agreeing with KDM that it really depends just on quantity of spend and where you spend.    If you spend a $1M and have a 1% card, you get $10K back without any cleverness at all.   If most of your spending is on categories not supported by any card, you do less well than if you spend on well-supported categories such as groceries and gas.

I am curious what you meant by "And the biggest numbers come from things not allowed to be discussed here."

Could you PM me ?

Message 9 of 34
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I completely agree with this, someone making 50k/yr will have far less spend than someone who makes 100k/year. This is really a case of apples to oragnes comparison as well as another "keeping up with the Jones" type thread which really isn't useful unless you are looking to brag.

maybe a cash back % would be more fair comparison then straight cash back value....

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.