Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORTED 59% UTILIZATION!?

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: REPORTED 59% UTILIZATION!?

@CoreyGSHS wrote:

Also, do you or anyone know if they will automatically fix and update the utilization problem seeing as my account has been giving problems (and they maybe know that) or will it always stay reported as 59% of Sept 2014? Is it permanent? 

Utilization holds no memory once paid down. It goes month to month.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 14
Chris679
Established Contributor

They issued you a new account number because of suspicious activity. When they did that they have no choice but to report the current balance on the new account. Pay it down before the next statement like you were planning on doing and you will be back to normal.
Message 12 of 14
Shock
Established Contributor

Ahhhh. Sums it up.

@Chris679 wrote:
They issued you a new account number because of suspicious activity. When they did that they have no choice but to report the current balance on the new account. Pay it down before the next statement like you were planning on doing and you will be back to normal.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CoreyGSHS wrote:

Is there any way I could call up TransUnion and get it fixed?

Nope.  There's nothing to fix.  No sense in obsessing over it either.  Your utilization will update on the next cycle.

@CoreyGSHS wrote:

Another very odd sight is on my full report, I am shown that I had a card closed, then a new card added to my account? As far as I am concerned about four days ago, Bank of America sent me an e-mail telling me they are sending me a new card due to suspicious activity... 

That's standard procedure with a replacement like that.  The new account will have the same info and history as the old.  During the transition both may report but the old one should fall off.  I just went through something similar when my CSP was converted from MC to Visa.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.