Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUEST CITI APR REDUCTION

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

REQUEST CITI APR REDUCTION

I would like to request a decrease on my apr with citicard, would it be best if I called citi's backdoor number instead of speaking with a regular account rep, any thoughts, has anyone been successful with such a request.  thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: REQUEST CITI APR REDUCTION

Whenever possible I like to use backdoor numbers.

Message 2 of 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

Good luck.  Whenever I've tried, I get "you have the current lowest rate we can offer, but we reviewed your account in XXXXXX and will re-review it every Y months."  (14.24%).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 5
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

During the fall of 2008 and right before everything came crashing down on Citi, they jacked up my APR to 24.99%....I've been a customer of theirs since 1998 and never late or over credit limit. Just last month (April), they lowered by APR back to a respectful 14.99%. I'm not sure if there is a rhyme or reason on how they make their decisions on APR's but I was happy to get back to relative normal. I normally only carry a small balance every 3 months or so to show some activity and end up paying in full to avoid the finance charges.

Message 4 of 5
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

i dropped the 2 cards they tried that with me on... now just have the 1 left citi professional at 6.7% apr

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.