Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REWARDS 660?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REWARDS 660?

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE THIS CARD?  IF SO CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE PROS, AND CONS OF THIS CARD? i JUST GOT MINE AND MADE MY FIRST PAYMENT; HOWEVER I HAVE NOT USED IT YET!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: REWARDS 660?

Fees, Fees, Fees and more Fees.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

REALLY? I ACTUALLY ASKED THE CSR IF THERE WAS A WAY TO DECREASE THE FEES AND HE TOLD ME YES! HE SAID INSTEAD OF PAYING THE MINIMUM DUE I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE $200 AND THE WOULD PAY THE REST! i DIDNT WANT TO PAY THAT I WANTED TO PAY IT DOWN OVER 2 MONTHS TO SHOW SOME KIND OF PAYING HISTORY! i HAVE NOT USED IT AT ALL! I ASKED ABOUT CLI HE TOLD ME NO FEE!

unknown_entity wrote:
Fees, Fees, Fees and more Fees.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

300 limit 250 fees worst than fp i would run for the border..
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

that was the first thing i noticed, but i said no since of arguing about it because tribute, first premier, hsbc, orchard ect........ all charge fees to the card they offer you, and lower your available credit limit! 
Message 5 of 17
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

two words about it --- > STAY AWAY < ---
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

SonorityGenius wrote:
two words about it --- > STAY AWAY < ---

kinda to late for that! I already got the card! Is there anyone that like this card?
Message 7 of 17
Uniqua
Established Contributor

The Rewards 660 Visa is issued by Dakota State Bank - Blunt, South Dakota

Rates, Fees and Term

“Your starting credit limit will be $300.00 and the following fees will be billed to your first month's statement: Annual Fee of $48.00, a one-time Account Set-Up Fee of $97.00, a one-time Program Fee of $95.00, and monthly Participation Fee of $10.00. Your available credit after these charges will be $50.00 at card issuance.

This is clearly a rip-off.  Of course there are no fees for CLIs as they already got paid for them in these ridiculous fees.  Why is this bank still in business?  Who in the world would want such a card?  I am speechless! Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uniqua wrote:

The Rewards 660 Visa is issued by Dakota State Bank - Blunt, South Dakota

Rates, Fees and Term

“Your starting credit limit will be $300.00 and the following fees will be billed to your first month's statement: Annual Fee of $48.00, a one-time Account Set-Up Fee of $97.00, a one-time Program Fee of $95.00, and monthly Participation Fee of $10.00. Your available credit after these charges will be $50.00 at card issuance.

Yeah I know but when you are rebuilding some cards fees are worse than others!  Keep in mind that some of us are not in a position to argue that we refuse to deal with a company because of their fees! No offense Uniqua but in some ways I wonder why people would except the tribute card and not rewards 660? I rather pay these fees up front  than to be charged $25 every time I get a CLI, also why should you pay to make a payment to any card (thats what I consider insane and a rip off)!
Message 9 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

When you're seriously in rebuilding mode, this may be all you can get. Try to hold it at 2 of these vampire cards, and pay your dues (and bills) for 11 months. After almost a year of clean history, your scores should increase enough to move up a level in CC land.

Be aware that they have many, many clever ways of getting more money from you, including charging you for paying online or over the phone. So be WAY ahead of the statement due dates, xerox everything, print off your online statements, and stay on top of these folks.

These aren't real credit cards; it's just a mutual aid society where they get a bunch of money in exchange for you getting some clean credit history. Just make sure that you remain on an equal footing with them, and that you don't get exploited in the process.

Hang in there, your credit life will be a bunch better in less than a year.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.