cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ Best Buy MC switch to Citi cause of score drop

tag
carsmom

RZ Best Buy MC switch to Citi cause of score drop

Anyone else transition from HSBC to Cap 1 to Citi with the Reward Zone MC? The transition from HSBC to Cap 1 didn't effect my credit score. The tradeline smoothly switched from Creditor: HSBC to Cap1, everything else status quo.

Today I got my monthly report from Quizzle and my score dropped 30 points.

Only thing that I noticed was a closed Cap 1 acct (RZ MC) and no new tradeline from Citi, which means that I have a closed acct (bad) and lowered util (even though I was still stuck at $300). This will also impact AAoA if a tradeline from Citi does show up and the original acct open date isn't used.

I'm going to look into this further but seems to me there should not be ANY impact on my score when these financials transer accts and buy and sell each other.

P.S. tried CLi when I registered acct with Citi to make a payment and no love. Whatever! I still like the reward zone benefits.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Re: RZ Best Buy MC switch to Citi cause of score drop

Interesting that you got a new tradeline for the citi and a closed for the cap one. If I remember correctly that didn't happen with the HSBC to CapOne switch. I have the store card which might explain the difference? I'm definitely on the look out for this now. 

Message 2 of 7
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have also experienced a serious drop, but only w/Equifax. I plan to check it today.  I also called CITI, and they mentioned they will report from the original date.  Do you recall which bureau reported closed.

Thanks,

HotPoint

Message 3 of 7
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Would it be in anyone's favor to have CR CapOne closed the account and have Citi report the new TL but backdate the account? The closed account will still report, so I am not sure what I am missing.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Peter1142
Established Contributor

My new TL should report tomorrow if it hasn't already, unless Chiti is behind due to the transition. I doubt I will get a credit alert though, because score watch doesn't work at all. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 7
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

@carsmom wrote:

Anyone else transition from HSBC to Cap 1 to Citi with the Reward Zone MC? The transition from HSBC to Cap 1 didn't effect my credit score. The tradeline smoothly switched from Creditor: HSBC to Cap1, everything else status quo.

Today I got my monthly report from Quizzle and my score dropped 30 points.

Only thing that I noticed was a closed Cap 1 acct (RZ MC) and no new tradeline from Citi, which means that I have a closed acct (bad) and lowered util (even though I was still stuck at $300). This will also impact AAoA if a tradeline from Citi does show up and the original acct open date isn't used.

I'm going to look into this further but seems to me there should not be ANY impact on my score when these financials transer accts and buy and sell each other.

P.S. tried CLi when I registered acct with Citi to make a payment and no love. Whatever! I still like the reward zone benefits.

You know I wondered what caused my score to drop 20 pts, no I know why, I just checked and my BB RZ is showing as closed as well, my CIti TL hasn't reported yet though. This is definitely not cool

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 6 of 7
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Here's a pretty in-depth thread that discusses the transition:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cap-1-Best-Buy-reporting-closed-on-Experian-due-to-Citi...

Hope that helps!

JP Smiley Very Happy

Addendum: If you call into the number listed on the bestbuy.accountonline.com website and ask for BIG Ticket, they do the recon's for the card. It's worth a shot especially if you consider your CLI request already nailed you with a HP anyway. I was able to get a jump of 4.5k, but keep in mind YMMV.

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.