Regular Contributor

Raaaage @ discover....

[ Edited ]

My discover statement end date is the 12th, and Dec 12th statement would have been my 6th.

2 reasons why I was eagerly waiting for that 6th statement: (1) possibility of an auto-cli? or even trying to request one over the phone without a hardpull and (2) the recently announced FICO given on statements, and this 6th statement would have been the first statement since that announcement.

So after waiting for almost a full week and no statement, I checked with online chat, and was told no statement would be cut without activity on card.

Ffffuuuuu...

(EDIT for clarity of message: I'm more so annoyed at waiting for a new statement to look at my fico. CLI, not so much... I'll take it if it comes, if not then fine by me.)

Re: Raaaage @ discover....

[ Edited ]

dang.. don't be mad at discover. :smileysad:  so sorry! Here is to next month however one month out of 6 with no activity doesn't lead me to believe one needs an auto-cli? lol

Valued Contributor

xerostatus wrote:

My discover statement end date is the 12th, and Dec 12th statement would have been my 6th.

2 reasons why I was eagerly waiting for that 6th statement: (1) possibility of an auto-cli? or even trying to request one over the phone without a hardpull and (2) the recently announced FICO given on statements, and this 6th statement would have been the first statement since that announcement.

So after waiting for almost a full week and no statement, I checked with online chat, and was told no statement would be cut without activity on card.

Ffffuuuuu...

Just a warning...don't count on that 6-month magic cli from Discover...it's a YMMV situation for sure. I have had mine for 10 months, heavy usage, PIF and I have been calling each month from the 6th, and no flexibility...only a HP for a cli. The rep keeps saying my account is "scheduled" for review. I SD'd mine for the whole Holiday shopping season. It will be my "bubble gum and soda" card until some luv comes my way...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsfp2spvpa.jpg

Yep, no activity no statement. As stated here Discover is not a set in stone issuer of CLIs, for me they have come randomly with no discernable pattern to apply.

EX Fico 08 BC 06/15: 792 (0); EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775
EQ Beacon 5.0 12/14 757
TU Fico 8 06/15: 759 (-5)
Epic Contributor

Discover now allows you to call and "check for sp CLI" every 90 days... but they seem to still heavily prefer HP CLI.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor

KennyS2006 wrote:

dang.. don't be mad at discover. :smileysad:  so sorry! Here is to next month however one month out of 6 with no activity doesn't lead me to believe one needs an auto-cli? lol

+1

OP, how is this Discover's fault?  I think if you expect results then you need to make sure you know how to use the card accordingly to reap those benefits (i.e usage/activity, etc).

Super Contributor

+2 there's no need for a statement and CLI if you don't even use the card.....
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

enharu wrote:
+2 there's no need for a statement and CLI if you don't even use the card.....

+3

and next month do NOT expect an auto CLI...if it happens be happy but do not get mad if it does not happen. My Discover limit is half of my lowest limit and 10% of my highest limit. :smileywink:  I did heavy use of the card now for 12 months 60-70% util and PIF but cannot match my lowest CL. I am accepting their decision and give them a  break now. I asked every 3 months at 6, 9 and 12 months mark and it was a no go. So maybe asking every 3 months was contra productive. I will see what happens if I do not ask anymore for a while. Will use this card for the 5% only from January and for this the limit is OK.

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Established Member

Discover Likes to see usage.. I've had my "IT" Card for 9 months and have had 1 auto cli and have requested the second and is sitting at $10,000. My "More" card is sitting at $15,000.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

defserv wrote:

Discover Likes to see usage.. I've had my "IT" Card for 9 months and have had 1 auto cli and have requested the second and is sitting at $10,000. My "More" card is sitting at $15,000.

Does not work for me somehow :smileysad:

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.