cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Question about the Amazon Store Card...

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Random Question about the Amazon Store Card...

As soon as you apply and if your approved it auto links to your account.  Seems like a great account to have if you shop at amazon alot plus GE grows with you.  I cant speak for the chase version though even though that card gives rewards

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 16
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

They said a paper card which is pointless

Well you need to know the account number somehow. A plastic card would serve no purpose, since there is nowhere you can ever actually swipe it.

Make sure you apply for the right one though. There seem to be multiple people who do not understand that the store and Visa cards are two different things, and are issued by businesses other than Amazon.

Yeah, true, but with the whole paperless craze you would think that it would be something automatically linked to your Amazon account once you're approved! I mean since I have two Chase cards under Ultimate Rewards, I can link my reward points to Amazon with a click of a button; no account #s to enter!

But I agree, it's good to have the account number on something physical. I guess it's something to keep safe and stash after linking it to one's Amazon account in the meantime with the S.S. card, birth certificate, and other paper necessities Smiley Tongue

And don't worry, I research these things for WEEKS for myself and for family members I help out. I don't do anything until I'm sure (well...uh...there was this one time when I applied for my TD Bank credit card and even though I practiced for weeks on clicking the Cash Rewards in excitement I wound up pressing the Easy Rewards application...drat -_-). But the Amazon Visa and Amazon Store Card don't even have remotely the same card look, plus they come from two different businesses like you said, so if I somehow bypass the blue and Visa on the card, at least if "Chase" pops up in the Terms and Conditions I'll know what's what!

It's linked....I have no Idea where my paper card is....

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 12 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

i'm surprised no one mentioned Citi Forward card, it's great for students and people with limited histories and gives 4-5% on Amazon. much better than the store perks oddly enough.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Its better than chase amazon?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 14 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
Its better than chase amazon?

3 points vs 5 points, even though some people can only get 4 cent value out of 5 TY points it's still better, also 5% at restaurants and movie tickets etc works out much better.

I don't know what you have to do to get 5 points to be worth 5% everytime but we'll see. You can only get max points used for gift cards but for presents it works fine =)  

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

you need your full acct number when you call in for a cli. this is the only time youll need the paper card.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.